Author Topic: I think I gave up on FTS too soon...."lessons learned" from a LC dropout  (Read 6034 times)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
That's kind of you Andrea, and a very good point. I think that what doesn't' work shows us what does work. 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Hi Waterlilly! :)

We all sometimes needs to take a "time out" to regroup for one reason or another.

And Andrea's so right!... Be kind to yourself and be your own best friend!
Life's much more pleasant that way. :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

Fletcher

• View Profile
    • Email
I am so there with you!!!  I tried FTS before as well.  I was doing good for 2 months.  I could tell a difference and I know I was losing weight.  Then one day at work, I got upset and went home and made a trip to Starbucks, and it was all over.  Tried the counting calories again, which does NOT work, gained a whole bunch of weight, and now and back again!!! ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We're glad to have you both.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Welcome back Fletcher :)

Waterlilly

• View Profile

Waterlilly

• View Profile
Fletcher -  I think the key is to NOT give it all up because of ONE stupid trip to Starbucks. I find that substitutions work really well!

Calorie counting just sucks, doesn't it?  :-[  AND, it NEVER works, at least in the long run. I was just thinking today about the wonderful craving control  :) I get from FTS that I can't get from other moderate carb plans. Something about doing this makes me STOP looking for junk and it frees up some mental space in my head to do other things besides feed a nasty habit.

I don't know how much weight you have to lose, but for me, it's 50 pounds MAX.  I could probably get away with 40 and look "hot chick dance" HOT! So this means that I probably won't lose 5 pounds a week like some others who have lots to lose do. I think about 10 pounds a month is good, which doesn't count all of the wonderful biological changes I feel.

I think Mouseissue says something like you could still be losing weight but it won't show up on the scale. I think that the whole appetite control has to set in first and then we can reduce calories and still feel satisfied. I am determined to make it past 2 months this time myself!!!  Nice to know I'm not alone.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Hi Waterlilly and Fletcher! :)

Waterlilly's right!... weight loss is a complex process that happens over a period of time.
There will be times you'll lose inches and not pounds.

If you haven't seen this, I suggest checking it out;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4587.msg46554#msg46554
What you do today is what matters!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
Hi Waterlilly and Fletcher! :)

Waterlilly's right!... [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] is a complex process that happens over a period of time.
There will be times you'll lose inches and not pounds.

If you haven't seen this, I suggest checking it out;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4587.msg46554#msg46554

Ah ha! So it was you!!  Thanks for the link.  :)