Author Topic: I have an idea for Doug and Umpa!  (Read 1935 times)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
I have an idea for Doug and Umpa!
« on: July 31, 2012, 06:58:20 AM »
Before I share my idea, I credit this new creativity to the fact that I NO LONGER have to take grad classes! (Still celebrating getting my life back here). OK, so here's my idea...

I really LIKE having things around that remind me of FTS. Sort of like a way to brand this way of eating that I can own. It would be REALLY COOL  8) to have an FTS keychain. But not like those big goofy plastic things. I'm thinking something much smaller that could attach to my current keys. Maybe something smaller that just says "FTS" on a little bar. Something smallish that would easily fit into a pocket.

So here's the other part... You could take some or all  (after production costs) of the profit for this keychain for your books for schools program!  So buying the keychain would be like a donation to the program.

I have no idea what it costs to develop something like this, so please pardon my ignorance on business/production costs. I just thought I would share my idea.  :)

I'm thinking they could look like this except without the religious symbol (I think it's an "evil eye" or something) but this general size: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22514370@N05/4091014457/#sizes/l/  and the charm would be something with FTS on it.

Just thought I would toss it out there!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I have an idea for Doug and Umpa!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:51:33 AM »
What a great idea ;) Why keychains?

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »
 Refrigerator magnets,  maybe used to keep your "fat" photo on the fridge? It would be a nice reminder when temptation rears it's ugly head. ;)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 07:54:36 PM »
 I just figured that since you always have your keys with you, it would always be around and it could be a reminder. This way, when I'm at the Wendy's drive through, I can have a reminder that I really DO want to order the double bacon burger, throw away the bun, no catsup, extra mayo, side salad, throw away the croutons, and an iced tea.  Kind of like the equivalent of wearing your team's sports jersey. It reminds you you're part of the team. 'Round these here parts, we're CUBS fans!  ;D

Morgan, the magnet is good idea too. I think seeing FTS on your fridge would be a great reminder!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 07:58:54 AM »
Both are good ideas ;)