Author Topic: Click the "LIKE" button, Share the joy :)  (Read 2080 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Click the "LIKE" button, Share the joy :)
« on: July 28, 2012, 08:43:47 AM »
Want to share a post or a recipe with your Facebook friends....it's simple. All you need to do is click the "Like" button inside the post!

Share the joy!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Click the "LIKE" button, Share the joy :)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 10:52:06 AM »
I haven't been sharing because with the exception of a few close friends... no one knows what I am doing. I didn't want to raise their expectations just to fail (AGAIN). I plan on "coming out" when I hit my first big goal...  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »
I haven't been sharing because with the exception of a few close friends... no one knows what I am doing. I didn't want to raise their expectations just to fail (AGAIN). I plan on "coming out" when I hit my first big goal...  ;)

Hi Suzanne! :)

Many people wonder, what common trait do successful people have with each other?
The answer... They EXPECT to succeed!

Everything we do always starts in that space between our ears.
If we expect to succeed, we likely WILL succeed. But if we allow "failure" as an option, it's likely we'll fail.
After all, it's much easier to quit than to stick to something no matter what.

And remember, there is only ONE way to fail, and that is to quit.
Anything else is only a setback and can be overcome as long as the desire is strong enough.
So if you REALLY want to become thin, you must FULLY commit yourself to becoming thin.

The FTS lifestyle becomes easier and easier as time goes by.
In fact, it actually gets better and better!
I'm not saying you'll never mess up. I have on a few occasions, but never gave up!

You can do this, Suzanne!
We're all right here to help you do it. :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 08:49:03 AM »
Suzanne at 42 pounds down i think they may know you are doing something :D

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 10:21:48 AM »
I usually volunteer at my children's schoo. I haven't done that since Mid-May. Most of my friends are school teachers and we scatter to the four winds over the summer. The rest are pretty long distance.
I am hoping instead of saying..."oh, I am going to do this or that" and being left wonder if they REALLY see the change or if they are just being nice... That they notice a difference on their own... approach ME with a "What the heck have you been doing omg you look great I need this program now!!!" Then I can whip out my book.  :D
Am I just being insecure, or does this make snse to anyone else?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 02:04:27 PM »
I usually volunteer at my children's schoo. I haven't done that since Mid-May. Most of my friends are school teachers and we scatter to the four winds over the summer. The rest are pretty long distance.
I am hoping instead of saying..."oh, I am going to do this or that" and being left wonder if they REALLY see the change or if they are just being nice... That they notice a difference on their own... approach ME with a "What the heck have you been doing omg you look great I need this program now!!!" Then I can whip out my book.  :D
Am I just being insecure, or does this make snse to anyone else?

Hi Suzanne! :)

Just keep on doing what you're doing and they WILL say something to you about it.

Keep in mind that there will always be those people who would NEVER give up sugar.
And those that will poo-poo living a low carb lifestyle no matter what we say.
That's just the way it is.

As long as YOU know that YOU are making YOU healthier and happier, that's what counts! :) :) :)

You're doing GREAT, Suzanne!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »
Whip it out baby! :D :D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 09:20:56 AM »
I had a friend who would always announce her diets and proceed to the dessert table.  I understand not wanting to fail publicly.  It was easy to dismiss her "efforts."

I also consider what I put into my mouth to be very personal.  After more than a year of successful FTSing, I have no problem being very public, but I think your way of handling it sounds just right for you. 

I once had a doctor say to me, "Nothing good causes unexplained weight loss."  Some people won't comment because they are afraid you are sick. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 10:06:53 AM »
That happened to Doug,his best friend thought he was sick because he lost weight so quick! :)