Author Topic: New to FTS and excited  (Read 7038 times)

wawaperry

• View Profile
    • Email
New to FTS and excited
« on: August 02, 2012, 11:52:40 PM »
I happen to come across this book in B & N today and literally could not put it down. 89 pages later (all read in the store I was blowed away) I have a literal library of different books on how to eat healthy for weight loss, but I have never read anything like this. It absolutely shattered my perception of renegade healthy foods, and the hidden sugar that they contain. I just purchased it on my Nook, and I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight, trying to read it all. Any  suggestions for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a newbie? I think this Forum is Phenomenal!! Bless you Sir Doug for composing such a life changing piece of wisdom.

shawn116

Re: New to FTS and excited
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:25:57 AM »
Welcome to the forum Wawaperry  :)  It sure is an eye opener isn't it?  I can tell you there are lots of ideas and recipes here on the forum, but for a newbie my best advise is to keep it simple.  At least until you get the hang of the carb counting and such.  To be honest since I started eating low carb I found that I only eat two meals a day with a few small snacks.  Not the traditional breakfast lunch and dinner.  Don't be surprised if you don't find yours is different as well.  My true hunger pattern is way different than what I have always been taught.  Also I don't stick with just the traditional meals at certain times of the day.  It's not unusual for me to start my day with a salad or finish it with eggs...haha  Be sure to check out the recipe sections on the forum though.  Lots of good stuff there.  It's your 20 carbs you can spend it however you like.    Just remember meats and greens will keep you lean  ;)  We are all here to help each other so join in often and chime in if you ever have any questions.  Again welcome  ;D

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 02:30:00 AM »
hi wawaperry - welcome. And it is exciting isn't it. Also a bit of a revalation - the amounts of sugar in everything is astounding.  
You will find lots of suggestions for what to have for your meals in the recipe sections of the forum.  I used to eat
3 meals a day plus 2-3 snacks a day.  Now often I eat only 2 meals and very minor snacks.  

If you have any questions, feel free to ask - someone is sure to know ;)

If

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 10:06:52 AM »
HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: New to FTS and excited
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 10:21:50 AM »
Hello and welcome. You are going to love it here! Great bunch of supportive people : )

JanetG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 10:55:49 AM »
Welcome aboard..... I am new also and this is the most wonderful group of supporters you'll find ANYWHERE!! 

Janet

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 02:23:59 PM »
Welcome to the family! Visit and post often, we're all here for each other  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 02:52:27 PM »
Welcome :)
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

wawaperry

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 02:01:58 AM »
Thanks everyone for all of the warm welcomes! Today was a very interesting and revealing day 1. I sincerely believe by the time the weekend is out I'm going to have the hang of all the things that I should eat and don't. I went to a Luby's cafeteria here in Houston, after I left my office and ordered a Blackened grilled chicken breast with Spinach, and seasoned okra. WOW! I was blowed away that the chicken breast equated to 9 teaspoons of sugar because of the skin. None the less like Sir Doug has stated be prepared to start cooking delicious things at home. It's a pretty amazing and humbling experience of learning a revelation such as this after losing 60 pounds over the last 3 years, but really never being about to forge on and lose additional weight, even after consistently working out 3-5 times a week like I currently do. As far as the Gluten free snacks I was indulging in, they are all in the trash, as well as countless other things that I was embracing as super healthy from my Naked, and Odwalla spinach drinks to many other things. My whole perception of fruit as forever change after reading this Phenomenal Book because those primarily were my snacks during the day at my office. This is going to be one Phenomenal Journey that I'm embarking on thanks to Sir Doug's "Fat to Skinny" gift. I again want to thank you all for your kind remarks, and I look so forward to learning from you all.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 03:53:57 PM »
Hi wawaperry! :)

I welcomed you in another very similar post you made in the last couple days.
But if you missed it... Welcome to the FTS family, wawaperry!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You're gonna love it here!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Ann B

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 01:57:17 AM »
Welcome Wawaperry.

From one newby (April 2012) to another, I too was blown away by the simplicity that Doug presented in his books and the video on the website.

Even my grandsons (the 9 year old and just 4 year old) know that grains and sugar make grandma fat and tired.  They burn off all the carbs they eat now, but this knowledge will help them as they grow...should they ever gain excess weight.

Both our adult sons are also famine survival types (gain weight easy--one more so than the other), but neither are ready to really eat as Mom and Dad currently are...and feeling and looking much better for it.

Enjoy the forum and new way of eating for life.  It really does get easier each day, and food in general just isn't such a big deal anymore.  Eat, get it over with and move on to something much more interesting.  At least for me.

All the best,
Ann

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »
Hi and welcome to all the newbies!!  We've been busy lately, and I haven't been checking in every day like usual.  SOOO glad to see all the new folks!!  I know you will all love the forum!  The wonderful family here offers such great support!  ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 11:54:28 AM »
Nice to hear from you, Jan! :) :) :) :)

I was hoping all was well with you, and that you were just busy.
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 02:24:37 PM »
How are the horses jan 8)

chella

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
I too am a newbie  :) I am so greatful to have found this forum, these books, this lifestyle. I do believe that this is my "magic answer" that I have searched a lifetime for. I am just getting started and have a LONG LONG way to go, but I am so excited to get to know everyone here and be a shoulder when someone needs one, and find a shoulder when I may need one. Thank you all for your warm welcome, and a warm loving welcome to all of my fellow newbies. I look so forward to gertting to know all of you.
weight loss Center  - Your Online [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] Support Group