Author Topic: My First Day!  (Read 4295 times)

SusansTurn

• View Profile
My First Day!
« on: August 14, 2012, 08:26:14 AM »
I'm so excited to start F2S! I've low carbed it before and started again a couple of weeks ago with Atkins. But this program doesn't have as many restrictions and easier to follow, in my opinion.  I got the book last night and read the whole thing.

Thank you Doug!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My First Day!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:31:32 AM »
Welcome Susunsturn! :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife.If I can help you please ask.The reason Fat to Skinny works so well is that we don't remove foods we replace them.That way there are no foods to add back in to make you gain weight back.Cycle broken.Its a lifestyle change.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Enjoy the forum ;)

SusansTurn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:09:52 AM »
Thank you, Umpa! Excited about being a part of this forum!

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 09:42:40 AM »
Welcome SusansTurn!! :D

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 11:14:02 AM »
Welcome Susan  :)

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
Great choice,you will be amazed at how fast the weight falls off and how much better you feel!  Weclome :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 12:29:02 PM »
Hi Susan! :)

I've tried most every weight loss diet, plan, etc. (except surgery) and ALL of them failed me!
This includes Atkins... There is NO comparison between Atkins and FTS!

Like Umpa said, FTS involves replacing high carb foods we like with healthy low carb alternatives.
Plus like you said, it is VERY simple and EASY to follow.
That's what makes FTS a lifestyle (and NOT a diet) that one could live with for a lifetime!

You're gonna love it! ;D

Tony
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:24:58 AM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

SusansTurn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 01:21:11 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'm certainly enjoying my very low carb lavash today with my chicken salad and avocado. What a treat to be able to have "bread" when you eat low carb.

YAY!!

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 04:13:21 PM »
Welcome :)  Thats better...I could have swore that I spelled it correctly the first time...hence I am not a computer hacker.
I highly recommend the One Minute Muffin Recipe.  I made it in a square container and sliced it in half and made a tomato sandwich today.

SusansTurn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »
I've made many One Minute Muffins, but in the Atkins world they are called MIMs or Muffin in a Minute. I ate so many of them a year ago that I got sick of them. However, I did have one a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't too bad. I need to try one of the variations definitely. I'm thinking a bacon, egg and cheese in the morning. Maybe add some garlic powder. Not sure.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 07:15:30 PM »
Welcome Susan -  have fun on your fts journey.

moose61

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 11:30:02 PM »
I think the biggest difference between fts and atkins is that atkins wants you to push to find your carb weight gain threshold after you lose your weight, whereas fts lets to stay on the same plan you've learned to love without a gamble. I don't care how many carbs I can possibly eat without gaining. I like eating around 20 and enjoying it.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »
I think the biggest difference between fts and atkins is that atkins wants you to push to find your carb weight gain threshold after you lose your weight, whereas fts lets to stay on the same plan you've learned to love without a gamble. I don't care how many carbs I can possibly eat without gaining. I like eating around 20 and enjoying it.

Hi Moose! :)

After reaching your personal ideal weight goal, the idea is to maintain your weight.
But, if you're still losing weight eating 20 net carbs, something needs change... Your "carb limit".

At goal, you may SLOWLY add carbs to find that number that causes weight to stabilize. Then, hold it.
This is how you'll learn YOUR carb number.

As we grow older, our bodies needs will change.
Along with that, our "carb limit" could also change.

We will ALWAYS need to be mindful of our carb intake.
Otherwise, we'll end up right back where we started before FTS, or worse.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 11:34:39 PM »
Hi Susan and welcome to the forum!  I love your profile name!  It IS your turn!  I felt like that when I started FTS, and it's one of the best decisions I ever made.  My life has changed SO much in the past year and a half.  Also, I just LOVE the people here.  They really do care about seeing everyone succeed!!  Have fun!!

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: My First Day!
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 06:26:21 AM »
Welcome Susan :)
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150