Author Topic: Question about ICED Coffee  (Read 2976 times)

Emmitt

• View Profile
Question about ICED Coffee
« on: August 14, 2012, 10:18:35 AM »
Okay, I admit...I did bought iced coffee at the mall LAST WEEK before I read this book.  Now, I am drinking iced coffee here at home!  It tastes different but good.  Since I bought iced coffee box at the Walmart, I put it in the coffee maker but it makes it hot then I have to put ice in it.  I wonder is there any coffee maker that makes it cold?  So that way I don't have to wait for it to be cool and put ice in it.  Also, how many cup do I drink coffee? one cup? Does this make any sense?

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Question about ICED Coffee
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 11:33:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure that you'll get the best quality if you make the coffee hot and then ice it.  I drink between 1 and 3 cups of coffee a day.  It doesn't count in your water total so make sure you aren't drinking so much coffee that you can't get all of your water in during the day.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:56:47 AM »
I use a percolator and use the leftover coffee in the afternoon for iced coffee.I just let it sit at room temperature ;) It always tastes better if you put the cream and sweetener in the bottom of the glass first then add ice and coffee ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:57:05 AM »
Hi Emmit, I grew up drinking iced coffee. We always made a pot ahead of time, let it set on the counter to get to room temp, then mixed sweetener and cream into it, put it in a pitcher and put it in the fridge. That way there's always cold coffee ready to pour into a cup of ice and it won't get watered down.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

moose61

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 10:23:50 PM »
I've never tried iced coffee. I drink lots of hot coffee, so it might be good. I'll have to try it. Is it just cold coffee, cream and zero?

Also, why does coffee not count towards your water total? I thought the current thinking was that all liquids hydrate your body?

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 10:57:59 PM »
Here's my take on the coffee not counting.

It isn't about hydration, it's about your liver having water to flush waste products from your body.  If your liquids contain chemicals that your liver needs to flush, that liquid isn't available for flushing the by products of the fat you are burning.  There is an equilibrium and more water helps keep it in favor of using your fat stores.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 09:47:44 AM »
Yes Moose ;)