Author Topic: Cruising  (Read 2644 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Cruising
« on: August 28, 2012, 01:53:29 AM »
In about 12 weeks or so I am off on a cruise (also 3 days in Thailand - not sure about food availability) with a friend and not that I am concerned as to whether there would be  suitable foods to eat on board - I am sure there will be - but I am wondering if there are 'side effects' to falling off the fts wagon so to speak.  I will do my best to stay true to fts but........  Apart from having to do sugar detox again later, what (if any) problems might I experience (I want to be prepared), eg stomach upsets, migraines.  How bad do I have to feel if I give in and am tempted to have that cake, pasta or ice cream?  Thanks all.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Cruising
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 08:09:52 AM »
Hi Morgan, you'll have no problem finding plenty of fresh seafood, poultry, meats and veggies on your cruise....yes you'll be loaded with temptations, It's up to you not to give into them. You're doing so well  ::) Have an Aussie Awesome time!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 08:13:00 AM »
Morgan,
I hope you have a wonderful time.  One side effect of eating carbs after all this time could be fatigue.  If you are out and about, you won't want to fight that sleepy feeling.  You'll do great!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:23:23 AM »
Constipation ;) Have a wonderful time!! Take pictures :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 11:01:30 AM »
Or the reverse of constipation. ::)

Put your mind in a place where you see yourself succeeding during the cruise.
SUCCESS = 90% preparation + 10% execution.

You'll do great, Morgan!

Have a wonderful time!
Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 01:04:46 PM »
SUCCESS = 90% preparation + 10% execution.
  Tony is so right!!   ;D ;D

What a fun trip!!  I would say also that if you do indulge, to be ready for the cravings to drive you crazy.  Just be ready with some low carb snacks to get you through... Have a great time  ;)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 07:00:50 PM »
There is so much awesome food on a cruise and if you stuff yourself silly with steak, lobster, salad, etc you probably won't even be tempted much.  BUT ~ just in case ~ and this is something that works for me so I don't promise anything.  I would make sure I don't  cheat all day or for the whole cruise.  If I really want to indulge in something I would probably tell myself that I can have it on the last night and keep the time I eat it within an hour timeframe.  This keeps me from feeling lousy and doesn't effect my blood sugar.  I'll probably be banned from the forum  :) but there are times that I simply want to treat myself.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »
There is so much awesome food on a cruise and if you stuff yourself silly with steak, lobster, salad, etc you probably won't even be tempted much.  BUT ~ just in case ~ and this is something that works for me so I don't promise anything.  I would make sure I don't  cheat all day or for the whole cruise.  If I really want to indulge in something I would probably tell myself that I can have it on the last night and keep the time I eat it within an hour timeframe.  This keeps me from feeling lousy and doesn't effect my blood sugar.  I'll probably be banned from the forum  :) but there are times that I simply want to treat myself.

Hi Kim! :)

No... You won't be banned from the forum!

You do what works for you. And that's OK.
But if your progress slows or stalls, you'll know what to look at first.

FTS is a journey with rules.
The more closely we abide by those rules, the greater our chances for optimal progress.

BTW, those times that I thought I was "treating" myself with high carb junk, I paid a price.
The pleasure from it was too fleeting to justify the after effects.

I've come to conclude that my health is more important to me than a so-called "treat".
But like I said, do what works best for you! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »
 Spammers are the only people that get banned around here  ;D ;D ;D   

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 08:49:46 PM »
I agree 100%!  I have a bit more flexibility because it would be okay if I didn't lose any more weight.  It can be a slippery slope for many including me - kind of  like opening a can of carby worms @ :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 08:43:41 AM »
 :)