Author Topic: Can Diet Pop (Soda) Cause a Stall?  (Read 8271 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Can Diet Pop (Soda) Cause a Stall?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 01:06:33 PM »
Hooray, Jo!!! :) :) :) :) :)
I'm happy to hear that you freed yourself of the pop addiction.

As recovering carb addicts, we much always be watchful that we do not replace that addiction with another.
It' more than too easy for us to fall victim... It's in our very nature!
What you do today is what matters!

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 01:56:54 PM »
I didn't drink diet drinks before FTS but they now satisfy a sweet fix for me.  I do have to limit myself and try not to drink them everyday.

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »
I adore diet soda in all it's forms. I don't think I will ever give it up. I have found that I lose faster when I switch to teas with Zero though. When I am "in the zone" tea and water are all I drink. I had to quit playing with the Umpa fun page too for now.  :( I was treating myself to her treats daily... I didnt gain an ounce from doing it... But I wasn't full speed ahead either. I can't wait to use them to celebrate and when I get to the point of maintaining only. I do like to keep baked goods in the house for the kiddos.... Umpa makes that possible.  :D

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 04:41:32 AM »
I have been drinking diet caff free for 20 years but I noticed that when I started FTS I wanted more of them . I did what tony said swaped one addiction to another . Weird to me how a diet coke can cause cravings for other junk

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

Thinisin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 07:34:49 AM »
I drank coffee, diet soda and beer everyday for years! Glad to say I have one cup of coffee in the morning & water the rest of the day now!!! :-D

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 08:40:05 AM »
Never cared for beer or any alcohol ,thank goodness . Ido the same my coffee  then water all day aim for 100 ounces everyday but never drink less then 70

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 07:48:50 PM »
Not only am I stopping the pop ("stop the pop"! I like that. I think it will be my new mantra) I am trying to limit my caffeine intake to morning only. That's gonna take some time. I did however, order some yummy decaf flavored coffee last week so once the regular stuff is gone, I can limit.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 02:57:29 AM »
Hi Waterlilly! :)

Have you been drinking pop that contains caffeine AND too much coffee too? :o :o :o
I'm amazed that you've been able to stay inside your own skin!

Don't torture yourself with stimulants!!!

Being a type A personality (i.e. tending to be hyper), you should avoid (or at least limit) those things that will exaggerate that trait.
Coffee and pop (i.e. colas) can make your journey more challenging than need be.

Tony
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:34:09 AM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »
Hi Waterlilly! :)

Have you been drinking pop that contains caffeine AND too much coffee too? :o :o :o
I'm amazed that you've been able to stay inside your own skin!

Don't torture yourself with stimulants!!!

Being a type A personality (i.e. tending to be hyper). you should avoid (or at least limit) those things that will exaggerate that trait.
Coffee and pop (i.e. colas) can make your journey more challenging than need be.

Tony

All very true. For a while I was doing that. However, the coffee I just bought is lovely, flavored, and ALL DECAF!!! As soon as my regular coffee is gone, I will switch. I can't have any caffeine after noon anyway, otherwise I won't sleep. But I am going to to decaf in the AM all the time. I think that will help.  I def don't need more stimulants besides my own brain!!!  :D

shawn116

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 06:56:18 PM »
As soon as my regular coffee is gone, I will switch

You might want to ease into that Waterlilly  :)   You may end up with a headache for a while when you stop to suddenly  ;)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 09:13:57 PM »
Andrea's right.  Ages ago when I decided to go decaf, instead of just swapping over, I mixed half and half.  Then when the normal coffee was gone I just went decaf all the time.  No headaches or craving - well except when I then had a straight coffee when I was out.  Bingo - headache straight off.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »
I think this thread shows that we are all different.  We have this huge FTS menu and we can pick and choose what works and help each other through rough patches, but one size does not fit all.

There have been lots of studies (not all financed by the coffee industry) that show that there are benefits of coffee.  It's probably anti-oxidants, not caffeine.   If I enjoy a  soda and/or a cup of coffee and successfully follow FTS, that's a good day.  

I'm passionate about sugar and other carbs.  Soda and coffee are side issues.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »
 ;D

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »
Yeah, you're all right. I have a plan for easing off of the stuff. But first, I need to finish off my full caffeine coffee. I have a keurig knock-off for single serve coffee so I can use that to supplement the decaf until I can handle the full monty.