Author Topic: How exercise is helping my weight-loss.  (Read 3614 times)

damooster

• View Profile
    • Email
How exercise is helping my weight-loss.
« on: August 16, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »
Hello everyone,

I know that cutting carbs is the real way to lose fat, but I've found that exercise is helping to increase my weight loss as well. When I first (re)started the "lifestyle," I did not exercise at all. My weight loss was decent during these couple of weeks, but nothing like it is now.

A few weeks ago, I started walking every day and immediately noticed an increase in weight loss(roughly a pound every other day). This week, I began a program that will help me to eventually run a 5k. You build on the previous week, so for this week I walk for 5 minutes, jog for 60 seconds, walk for 90 seconds etc. for 20 minutes. My weight loss with this has been very steady. I haven't been keeping charts, but since starting, I've gone from 245 lbs. down to 218 today. I'm not starving myself or anything like that...I just think that exercise is helping.

Exercising has also given me a lot of energy and I've noticed that I don't have as big of an appetite.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my personal experience because I'm really feeling great. I actually look forward to exercising every day.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:56:29 AM by Doug Varrieur »

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Way to go!! You are doing GREAT!!!

shawn116

Awesome!!  Keep up the good work  ;)   You will be at your goal before you know it  :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: How exercise is helping my weight-loss.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 08:59:52 AM »
Good for you damooster :) There's no doubt that increasing your activity while keeping your carb count low will force your body to use more fat as fuel. Exercise will also improve your cardiovascular and pulmonary systems, give you a great sense of accomplishment and help you sleep more soundly.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 09:14:29 AM »
I like to exercise also,its good for my attitude.I am 47 and in menopause and it really helps.Scott one of our moderators lost 80 pounds and got back into running marathons.I run on a treadmill 4 times a week and when I get bored with that I do Tai Chi or yoga.I also like to shoot my recurve bow at least 4 times a week. The problem a lot of people get into is that they go to the gym so they think they can eat what they want.Wrong!Running on a treadmill at 4.2 only burns 300 calories.Its good to keep you tone as you lose. ;) Not necessary for weight loss though.We have had people in wheelchairs lose weight. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 02:22:42 PM »
Hi damooster! :)

Kudos to you on adopting a well-rounded, healthy lifestyle! :) :) :)
Although not essential to lose weight, exercise will speed things up, and provide other benefits that our bodies need.

My day is not complete if I don't get my 5-mile walk in the morning!
This is true even if my day will be full of physically demanding work.

Living the FTS lifestyle correctly, you should not feel constantly hungry or deprived.
You should only feel hunger when your body needs fuel... and that's it!

Keep up the great work!
Your progress is testimony to how well you're doing! 8)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 03:27:37 PM »
This is an excellent reminder of the hidden power of exercise. While we can count calories eaten and burned like an accountant balacing the fat books, there are so many other benefits to exercise. I know that when I exercise on a regular basis, my stress levels go down, I sleep better, I get HEALTHIER, AND, I eat LESS. Might be connected to the stress but I'm not sure. I just know that I feel tons better when I work out, even if I'm just walking on the treadmill.

You've convinced me to renew that old gym membership!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 09:42:45 AM »
You go girl! ;)