Author Topic: Peanut butter  (Read 8066 times)

Thinisin

• View Profile
Peanut butter
« on: August 20, 2012, 01:30:45 AM »
Hey y'all! I tried the I'm Healthy unsweetened 1 carb peanut butter today, and I couldn't handle the taste lol. What is the next best peanut butter that isn't soy and is low carb? Thank you!  I'm excited about making the peanut butter fudge and cookie recipes :-)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Peanut butter
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:01:57 AM »
Try adding a sweetener to the soy butter or use it to make fudge or cookies. You can always make your own too.I don't know which brand is lowest. Gotta read you some labels ;)

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 12:52:31 PM »
Ump, What is the name of brand of peanut butter would you recommend? I read all of peanut butter labels that are high at Walmart and other store.  Also whats the name of brand for soy butter?  thanks

Try adding a sweetener to the soy butter or use it to make fudge or cookies. You can always make your own too.I don't know which brand is lowest. Gotta read you some labels ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 03:37:56 PM »
Hi PB fans! :)

If you're looking for the lowest carb REAL PB in the stores, look for "natural" PB.
Products like Jif and Skippy have added sugar and/or starches to help keep the oil from separating.

I use Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter (2 grams per TBSP).
I'm sure there are others out there. Just carefully read the labels before buying.

I mix the Adams with "soy PB" 50-50 to cut the carbs in half (1 gram per TBSP).
Been doing this almost as long as I've been living FTS. ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Thinisin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »
Thanks! That soy PB went in the trash lol! I might try the flaxseed one people recommended. Real is always the best though! :)

Thinisin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 04:39:18 PM »
Emmitt the name is "I'm Healthy" PB, but my hubby and I didn't like it, to say the least. Lol :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 04:55:15 PM »
Thanks! That soy PB went in the trash lol! I might try the flaxseed one people recommended. Real is always the best though! :)

Hi Thinisin! :)

Mixing natural PB with flax seed meal is something I was meaning to try, but forgot about.

I'm gonna try 50-50 with my PB and see what happens.
If it works, the carb count would be 1 gram per 2 TBSP... I like that! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 07:27:26 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I think after I'm done with this jar, I won't buy any more PB. Even the substitute soy butter has the same effect. That effect is that I CAN'T STOP EATING THE STUFF!!!  :o :o :o :o I literally can't handle the stuff and I KNOW I can EASILY consume an extra 6-700 calories per day eating the stuff. I can't "just have" a TBSP because I always over measure. Plus, the spoons don't wash well in the dishwasher.

I will try Umpa's fudge but as far as eating the PB, I think it has to go. I have a suspicion it also fuels the artificial sweet cravings.  I hope I'm not alone in needing to stay away from the stuff. It's like crack to me. I'm not a druggie but I'm afraid if actual crack was peanut butter flavored, I might consider it.... :D

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 08:03:20 PM »
The best tasting & lowest carb peanut butter I found is Trader Joes Roasted Valencia Peanut Butter with Flaxseed.  It's 1 carb per tablespoon and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!  I always have it in the house  :)  I love it at night in celery with a cup of hot tea. 

Thinisin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 10:10:52 PM »
I think the flaxseed PB for sale is the Trader Joes one, or the Target one by Archer Farms, I think :) I'm going to look for the Archer Farms one as we do not have a Traders here yet. Soon we will! :)

Thinisin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 10:13:09 PM »
Waterlilly, what if you make a PB treat and had a small bit everyday? Maybe you wouldn't crave it if you got it everyday. I'm like that with chocolate, so I've been having Breyers carbsmart fudge bars every night & am losing weight daily!! :)

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »
Kim, Where did you buy Trader Joes Roasted Valencia PB at?

The best tasting & lowest carb peanut butter I found is Trader Joes Roasted Valencia Peanut Butter with Flaxseed.  It's 1 carb per tablespoon and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!  I always have it in the house  :)  I love it at night in celery with a cup of hot tea. 

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 07:45:18 PM »
Today, I bought "I am Healthy Unsweetened Chunky SoyNut butter Peanut free with 1 carb.  I am not sure if this is the same brand that you had but I'm going to give this a try. 

Emmitt the name is "I'm Healthy" PB, but my hubby and I didn't like it, to say the least. Lol :D

Thinisin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 09:52:49 PM »
That's the one! I hope you have better luck :) Maybe mine was spoiled? Lmk what you think :)

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 01:02:23 AM »
Where did you buy Breyers carbsmart fudge bars?  I would love to try that! Sounds yummy! :D

Waterlilly, what if you make a PB treat and had a small bit everyday? Maybe you wouldn't crave it if you got it everyday. I'm like that with chocolate, so I've been having Breyers carbsmart fudge bars every night & am losing weight daily!! :)