Author Topic: Gained weight  (Read 3790 times)

Emmitt

• View Profile
Gained weight
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:49:33 PM »
I lost 7 pounds in my first week! But today I noticed that I gained 1 to 2 pounds. What's going on?? Any advice?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Gained weight
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 03:29:29 PM »
Hi Audra! :)

Yes!... The advice... Stop weighing yourself so often!

The reason... The process of weight loss is very complex.
A part of it is temporary weight gain (and later loss). And more gain and more loss.
Given that, weighing too often can mess with your mind.

It's the long term trend that matters.
Over time, if you lose more than you gain, you're losing weight and winning the war! :) :) :)

Think of your "actual weight" as a basketball being dribbled down stairs, one step at a time.
As time passes, the basketball looses elevation.
And if you continue to follow the FTS rules, so too will you lose weight! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 05:16:11 PM »
I would guess you are looking at water weight. Not to get in your business... but is it close to "that time"? I can go up quite a bit when my visitor is in town.  ::)
Hang in there!  :)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 07:23:17 PM »
I would guess you are looking at water weight. Not to get in your business... but is it close to "that time"? I can go up quite a bit when my visitor is in town.  ::)

Ugh. Me too.

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 10:58:02 PM »
It was already passed "that time"....

Thinisin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 01:59:16 PM »
The #1 key I found in the book is eating a small portion only when truly hungry. Try it! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 03:31:33 PM »
The #1 key I found in the book is eating a small portion only when truly hungry. Try it! :)

Great advice, Thinisin! :) :) :)

You can easily add more food to your tummy if you're still hungry after 15-20 minutes.
Removing is not so easy. ;)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 06:07:45 AM »

YES! This is what I struggle with. I find that I started out eating WAAAAYYYY too much food. I think my portion sizes are out of whack.

This is the ONLY good thing that came out of Watching the Weighters program for me. The portion sizes. I need to get better at that and realize that not only will I NOT die if I eat small portions but I will probably be FULL when I do. I think it comes from a fear of starving from a time when I DID eat small carby portions and I WAS starving.  I need to recondition myself.

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 06:45:59 AM »
Do you have a sweet tooth?  I used to be addicted to sugar free peanut butter cups.  Try to limit treats to 3 days a week and space them out.   You can have sugar free jello in a reasonable portion size every night.  Do not give up :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 08:56:33 AM »
Emmitt as women our weight fluctuates during the daytime up to 5 pounds.Weigh yourself only once a week, in the morning when you first get up after you have gone to the bathroom before anything has passed your lips.Women lose inches more quickly so take your measurements. Posting your meal plans on the forum also works so we can help you see where you may be missing carbs.My favorite solution is Morgans,get a pair of jeans in the next smaller size then you are now.Try them on everyday till they fit!Morgan actually put her scale on top her cabinets where she couldn't reach it! ;)

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 02:59:33 PM »
Great advice! How do I get rid of water weight?

Emmitt as women our weight fluctuates during the daytime up to 5 pounds.Weigh yourself only once a week, in the morning when you first get up after you have gone to the bathroom before anything has passed your lips.Women lose inches more quickly so take your measurements. Posting your meal plans on the forum also works so we can help you see where you may be missing carbs.My favorite solution is Morgans,get a pair of jeans in the next smaller size then you are now.Try them on everyday till they fit!Morgan actually put her scale on top her cabinets where she couldn't reach it! ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 04:40:48 PM »
Great advice! How do I get rid of water weight?

Hi Audra! :)

Easy!... Stick to the FTS rules, limit salt (sodium) intake, and drink lots and lots of PLAIN water!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 09:12:45 AM »
Tony is correct.Water weight works itself out ;)