Author Topic: Very slow  (Read 4299 times)

Sandipp

Very slow
« on: August 24, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »
My weight loss is too slow, what is the reason? i am consuming practically no carbs but i use lot of cheese for my meals, is it ok. for breakfast i am eating chicken sausages and 2 egg omlette, no lunch and for dinner soya bread and veggies.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Very slow
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:39:09 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by too slow but it looks to me like you aren't eating enough food.  Are you eating when hungry?  I don't eat until about 9am because I'm not hungry until then. (I am at my desk at 6am.)

If you are using pre-shredded or pre-sliced cheese, you are getting carbs from the additive (often potato starch) that is used to keep it for sticking. 

Your veggies have carbs.  If you are using them to feel full, you are getting more carbs than you think.

You didn't mention drinking water.  You need a minimum of 64 ounces.

Sandipp

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 12:42:21 AM »
i have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks, isnt that too little?

i have lot of water but generally cold water.

my veggies are usually greens.

most of my cheese is not slice and pre shredded, but yes at times i use pre shredded cheese too.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 08:32:03 AM »
Hi Sandipp! I am Umpa,Dougs wife :) Welcome to the forum.What is Soya bread? 10 pounds is great are you male or female? I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.If I can help you please ask. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 08:59:57 AM »
Hi Sandipp, ten pounds lost in three weeks tells me you're certainly on the right track. Some folks lose faster than others depending on metabolism, activity level etc... Remember this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. It's not a race, it's a body adjustment. Relax, enjoy your food and visit the forum often to ask questions and "tweak"
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Sandipp

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 12:09:55 PM »
Thanks umpa, i am male, will definately take your help on your page

Sandipp

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 12:10:59 PM »
Thanks Doug for your encouraging words. Will not give up, i am determined to loose weight as well as make life style change.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Sandipp!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

The rate at which we lose weight is really not the big issue.
Most often, obesity is a symptom of a much more serious health problem.

Over years of overeating carbs, we damage the chemistry of our bodies, the linings of our arteries, etc.
Type II diabetes is the one most common result which can cause a premature end of life.
By living the FTS lifestyle, we REVERSE that damage and heal.

I've been living FTS for over 2 years and have lost 80 pounds.
There are some here that have lost more than twice that in half the time!
But my health and energy levels are better than they've been in 30 years!
So how much (or how little) I lose over a period of time does not concern me.

So enjoy your FTS journey and don't concern yourself with how fast your body tends to lose FAT.
Just remember that every day you follow the FTS rules, you're getting healthier!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »
I asked Sandipp because women don't lose as quickly as men.Follow the program and its science you will lose :)

Ann B

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 02:32:16 PM »
Sandipp,

As others have pointed out, losing slowly is just as fabulous as losing quickly. My DIL is losing more quickly than I am, but she is also 25 years younger. She is also more active with three boys under age 9.  A coworker is also losing more quickly, and she is again more active and 9 years younger....I am 56.85.

Eat when you are hungry, and find the foods that are 10s for you. Why waste your eating enjoyment on anything less? My meals are based on heavy cream, cheeses, meats and occasionally a few crunchy veggies for the texture which includes the water sensation. 

Strawberries are in season so I am enjoying those (a few every day ...1/2 cup or less chopped) when I buy them until they are gone...sharing with hubby or grandsons.  I may put them in the sugar free (but sweetened) custard I make or yogurt or just cream or a combo. Or just eat them with some cheddar.

To keep my reality in check, I have a chart that I post my daily (for some people weekly works better) weigh-ins. It is a yearly chart page I created, so I can look back over the past months and see my progress.  Some weeks clothing sizes change when the scale barely budges.  Remember internal changes are being made; and skin, connective tissue, etc. all has to shrink with the literal fat loss.  Including toxins from our fat stores must be eliminated.

I attempted to attach my chart, but it is a Microsoft Word document. If you are interested in using it, send me an e-mail and I can send it to you.  It's just basic boxes (spreadsheet grid) with the months at the top....and days down the left side of the page. 1-31....and I put an X (with a pen or pencil) in the unused boxes for those months with less than 31 days.

All the best,
Ann

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »
Hi Ann - I agree.  I am 55 and 10 months and it is slow going.  They do say post/menopausal women take a longer time to shed weight and I think I agree.  Everyone (well not everyone) on the forum seems to just shuck off the weight like no-one's business.  I think I average out at about 1.5 lbs a week.  So Sandipp I wish I was losing 10 lbs in 3 weeks - well done by the way :D.  I am following in our illustrious leader HT (Head Turtle - Tony - Mouseissue - by the way Tony is there any significance to the name Mouseissue?) slow and steady will win the race. I intend getting there in the end!!!!! Waiting to do that happy dance and girly squeal.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 08:15:15 AM »
Hi Ann, great idea with your chart. If you email it to me I'll set it up as a download link from my online file folder  dougvarrieur@fattoskinny.com     ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 10:57:20 AM »
... (Head Turtle - Tony - Mouseissue - by the way Tony is there any significance to the name Mouseissue?) ...

Hi Morgan! :)

Not really.

Back in the late 1980s (when I was in computer programming school), I needed a Userid in a hurry.
At the time, I was having an issue (i.e. problem) with an old track ball computer mouse... Then, came "mousiessue".
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 09:15:59 AM »
Learn something new everyday ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email