Author Topic: Need advice!  (Read 3074 times)

fineman

• I am truely blessed!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Need advice!
« on: August 24, 2012, 08:53:24 AM »
Hi everybody!
I need advice. I go out for lots of official lunches and dinners to restaurants. I usually order grilled fish and steamed vegies. With these they usually give lemon butter sauce and Tartar sauce. Are these two sauces allowed?

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:01:45 AM »
The lemon butter sauce is probably safer than the tartar sauce.  The relish in the tartar sauce has sugar.  You wouldn't use very much but given a choice, I'd pick the lemon butter.  The best choice would be salt and pepper.

fineman

• I am truely blessed!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 03:19:33 PM »
Thank you so much Andrea. Now I know what I was doing wrong.  I will follow your advice. Thanks again.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 08:47:26 AM »
We make our own tartar sauce because we eat alot of fish Fineman .It is no more than mayonnaise and dill pickles.When I go to restaurants I always ask for my sauce on the side. I don't like my fish swimming in sauce :D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 09:12:38 AM »
I make tartar sauce, too, but fineman is our resident man about town and you can't trust restaurant tartar sauce.

fineman

• I am truely blessed!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 01:17:36 PM »
From now on I will have salt and pepper. Grilled fish helps when I am out because most restaurants like italian, continental, mexican, chinese etc have some sort of grilled fish. In Indian I order a tandoori chicken. Now I have a test coming up. I am going to Africa for 9 days on seot 2nd. I have to come back without gaining weight. Spending whole day in equatorial sun on a safari does give lots of cravings. I am menatlly battle ready.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 10:22:34 AM »
What a amazing life you have! I always wanted to go to Africa! What will be your saving grace is staying hydrated.When we are in the Keys if I get dehydrated I mistake that for hunger and over eat and gain weight.You will do great! I would love to see the pictures you take please!By the way we have a new forum member from India his name is Sandipp.Have a safe trip ;)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »
Ranch dressing works!

Thinisin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »
This all sounds so good!

elena

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »
Hi everybody!
I need advice. I go out for lots of official lunches and dinners to restaurants. I usually order grilled fish and steamed vegies. With these they usually give lemon butter sauce and Tartar sauce. Are these two sauces allowed?