Author Topic: Sugar substitues  (Read 2595 times)

elena

• View Profile
Sugar substitues
« on: August 31, 2012, 06:56:34 PM »
Hi everyone today is my first day  :) finished book yesterday and am very concerned about what Doug's suggests we use as sugar substitutes?? I'm highly sensitive to ALL OF THE ARTIFACIAL SUBS!!! Also, most of my weight is due to medications I have to take daily for FIVE YES I SAID FIVE DIFFERENT AUTO-IMMUNE DISEASES I'VE BEEN LIVING WITH FOR OVER 10 YEARS  :( I very seldom get hungry maybe once a day I know I'm suppose to eat 3-6 meals a day but I can't force myself to eat :( ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED :) :) THANKS IN ADVANCED :) :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Sugar substitues
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 02:41:17 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family, elena!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Since you are sensitive to sweeteners, avoid them!
But before you dismiss them all, have your tried FTS ZERO?
Unlike most sweeteners, Zero should NOT effect your blood sugar (glucose) levels.

You are dealing with over 5 auto AUTO-IMMUNE DISEASES?
My prayers are with you.
And I pray that the FTS lifestyle will help you revive your health!

Limiting your digestible carbohydrate intake should help you.
If you're on a special therapy for those diseases, follow your doctors orders.
But discuss if limiting you sugar (carb) intake will help... It should!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
Welcome Elena! I am Umpa,Dougs wife :)  If I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. You do not need to eat 3-6 times a day.Only eat when you are hungry.You need lots of water.It will take two weeks to detox the sugar from your system after that you will feel like a million bucks! ;)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 01:42:16 AM »
 :D  Welcome Elena -It is all new and exciting and I am sure you will do well.  I sympathise with the fact you have to take all that medication - it can't be fun.  Hopefully with this new way of eating some of those symptoms may ease.

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 09:27:37 PM »
Welcome to the FTS forum family Elena  :)  Bless your heart for dealing with so much!   I myself am dealing with several auto-immune diseases, but have found that this lifestyle change has helped immensely.

In what way are you sensitive to the sweeteners?  Really the best way when you are just starting is to avoid the sweeteners anyway.  Tony is right though....if you normally can't tolerate the other sweeteners...fts zero my be for you.  It doesn't cause the tummy upsets that some can.  Only eat when you are hungry and drink lots of water.  Remember meats and greens will keep you lean  ;)  We are all here for each other so don't be a stranger  ;)   

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »
First of all *HUGS* Autoimmune diseases...for the lack of a better word...SUCK! Too many people I love deal with them. I also hate to sound like a broken record... but give Zero a chance. It's the only one that doesn't either make me hungry, give me a headache, or upset my tummy.
You can do this!!!!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Elena.  I hope you are able to enjoy the benefits of FTS as I have.