Author Topic: Takeing Back My Life!!  (Read 5137 times)

Snobles

• Eat to live, not live to eat!
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanics Wife
    • Email
Takeing Back My Life!!
« on: September 03, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »
Hi guys! Long time no see! As many of you know, my mom passed away towards the end of July of this year. And although I really haven't eaten THAT much of it, I have been eating some sweets. I "know" I shouldn't, but I have. "Comfort" food, I guess? I have been depressed for a while, still am, but, we live with my mother n law for right now, we are currently looking for houses, but she buys sweets, knowing that we are trying to loose weight. But, we have all talked about it(& she has even had the lap ban done, and still buys sweets!)I am so tired of the way I look and feel all the time. I have come to the realization, that if nothing else, I can controll what I eat! Just because it is stareing me in the face, I do not  have to eat it! She is the cook in the house right now, and we all hate it, because she cooks, carb heavy! But, we have also talked about it, we are just going to eat the meat and vegetables, and nothing else! We were talking one night, and agreed, that if we keep eating the way we are, we're going to balloon up the way we were! I have decided to start walking in the evenings, when it is cooler.(if that's possible in Florida!)And just takeing account of what I eat! I am in controll of how I look and feel!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Takeing Back My Life!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 03:51:44 PM »
Nice to meet you. Good for u for being accountable. I am sorry for the loss of your mom. It is never easy. All you can do is be responsible for YOU ! Best wishes on your road to success!

skychant

• View Profile
Re: Takeing Back My Life!!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 05:54:36 PM »
I am so glad that you are taking control of your weight.  It definately will creep back on if you do not.  Has your mother-n-law read Fat to Skinny.  Maybe that would convince her to eat low carb low sugar.  Remember you are in charge of what you put in your mouth.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »
Hi Stephanie!  I'm glad to see you  :)  You are so right, you are the one that is in control.   Detox from that sugar that you have been eating and you wont care if there are sweets around.  Hang in there girl...we are all here for you if you need a cheering section  ;) ;)   ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 11:22:20 AM »
Welcome back, Steph.  I agree with Shawn that you'll feel better once you detox.  The sweets are easier to resist after that.  You know what to do and we're here to back you up.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
Hi guys! Long time no see! As many of you know, my mom passed away towards the end of July of this year. And although I really haven't eaten THAT much of it, I have been eating some sweets. I "know" I shouldn't, but I have. "Comfort" food, I guess? I have been depressed for a while, still am, but, we live with my mother n law for right now, we are currently looking for houses, but she buys sweets, knowing that we are trying to loose weight. But, we have all talked about it(& she has even had the lap ban done, and still buys sweets!)I am so tired of the way I look and feel all the time. I have come to the realization, that if nothing else, I can controll what I eat! Just because it is stareing me in the face, I do not  have to eat it! She is the cook in the house right now, and we all hate it, because she cooks, carb heavy! But, we have also talked about it, we are just going to eat the meat and vegetables, and nothing else! We were talking one night, and agreed, that if we keep eating the way we are, we're going to balloon up the way we were! I have decided to start walking in the evenings, when it is cooler.(if that's possible in Florida!)And just takeing account of what I eat! I am in controll of how I look and feel!

Hi Stephanie! :)

We just lost my father-in-law last Tuesday.
He was 80 and in poor health so his passing was a blessing in disguise.

During intense emotion times like this, it's OK to cut yourself a little slack.
But by the same token, you can't stay on the path you were before and expect to go anywhere else but where you've already been.

Always remember that's it's OUR choice what we put into OUR own mouths.
Making the right choices, pays off. Just as making the wrong ones have consequences.

You have a winning attitude.
If you keep it, Stephanie, you WILL succeed!!! :) :) :) :)

Pleas stay in touch with us so that we can help you get back on sold FTS ground!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 01:23:38 PM »
We just lost my father-in-law last Tuesday.

Tony I'm so sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with your family.  Hugs

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 01:44:21 PM »
Sorry for your loss, Tony. 

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 03:48:44 PM »
Stephanie and Tony, Sorry for your loss.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »
Condolences to both of you.  Losing a loved one is very hard.   

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 09:45:41 AM »
Gaining ground in that environment is going to take sheer will and determination! You can do this!!!  As for walking in Florida... I took a break this summer, but it's cooling off already and I am back on the streets.  :)  I was so blessed that my Aunt got to see the posititve changes in me when we went to visit this summer... she passed away August 19th. Grief is hard, but having a project helps. Let getting yourself healthy be that project... not just for you and your hubby.... but for your Mom too. You have an amazing support system here. LEAN ON IT... I know I do. *hugs*

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 11:55:36 AM »
Thank you for the condolences.
Life goes on... And staying busy living it is the best way to adjust to such loss.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »
Stef welcome back.I am sorry to hear about your mom :'(
Tony please give our condolences to your wife :'(

Snobles

• Eat to live, not live to eat!
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanics Wife
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 05:04:40 PM »
Thank you everybody for listening & being here ;DReally means a lot! Also Tony, I'm sorry for your loss! I lost my father n law yearsss ago! And it' s still hard! (incase y'all havent figured out yet,  ;DI'm a very emotional person! ;D)And yes my mother n law has the fat to skinny book. She knows how she should be cooking, and won't! That's what irritates us so bad! But like my "18yr. old" said! (shocking!)He said he used to eat it just because it was there, but he says he's not eating that kind of stuff anymore! He's wanting to work out and stuff like that, so we've all taken the plunge! Even though my mother n law does all the cooking, we don't have to eat it!
Hope everyone is haveing a happy Wednesday!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »
...  so we've all taken the plunge! Even though my mother n law does all the cooking, we don't have to eat it! ...

So true, Stephanie! :)
And if all of you keep a united "low carb" front, she will stop cooking what no one will eat.