Author Topic: Here Comes Honey BooBoo  (Read 5160 times)

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
Here Comes Honey BooBoo
« on: September 04, 2012, 11:12:29 AM »
Every time I see them on television or read about the I think of Doug and Umpa. You guys HAVE to try to get a hold of this family. I really think you could help them!!  I think they want to get the weight down, they just don't have a clue nor do the have the tools. If you could get through to them... I think it could make a HUGE leap in getting your message out there to an even larger audience.

Waterlilly

• View Profile
Re: Here Comes Honey BooBoo
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 04:49:45 PM »
OMG! I look at them and think the same thing. That little girl may be in pageants now, but when she gets older, she will probably be too heavy to compete. Too bad TV is advertising this as "entertainment".

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 01:29:27 PM »
whats booboo honey? we would love to help ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 05:38:30 PM »
Here Comes Honey BooBoo is a show on TLC.  It's about a little girl in those kid "beauty pageants."

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 09:25:31 AM »
I will check it out ;) See if we can help

AliciaInTX

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »
I get SO sad when I see this little girl and what they are feeding her! :(  Her "go-go" juice. Ugh. And now she's getting tons of attention over it...no one's going to be able to convince her it's a bad thing and it will encourage other little kids that drinking that crap is good for them. YUCK!! There's a clip on YouTube of Dr. Drew drinking her go go juice and he becomes physically uncomfortable and (for lack of a better term) drugged out on the stuff! How can they feed this to a CHILD?

So, did they give her her own show? Didn't she first appear on Toddlers and Tiaras?

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 02:23:20 PM »
I thought the same thing to Suzanne. The daughter and mother need real serious help! I don't watch the show but I've seen previews and It seems that TLC is paying & rewarding the family for living an unhealthy, dysfunctional life for ratings and fame. This is entertainment now adays!  ::)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:01:53 PM by MichelleShani »

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »
Here's something I never thought I'd say:  It's a spin-off of Toddlers and Tiaras.  Whoever thought there could be more of that dysfunction.

For the record, I only know about it because of the commercials on the TLC hoarding show.  For some reason I'm fascinated by the hoarding shows.  I'll send pictures of my house to prove I'm not one if necessary but WOW!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 08:02:33 AM »
Michelle I had never heard of Honey BooBoo or Tiaras so I checked out yesterday and bewildered  ??? What are these people thinking? (love your new pic by the way) I will send them a email to see if they want our help but not gonna hold my breath :)
Andrea I agree! I am fascinated by the hoarding shows too! I can't wrap my head around it :D

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 08:14:56 AM »
I use the hoarding show as a motivational tool to deep clean. It works every time! :) Umpa, the entire family is obese. In addiction to "HoneyBooboo" there are three more teen daughters.  They are country folk and a little backward... but I think they are good people. They live in a tiny town in Georgia. The mother has some kind of disability and is an extreme couponer. (so she can't be slow...that couponing business is HARD! ) Money seems to be really tight for them, but they have a strong family bond and the Dad works seven days a week to support them. They are always looking for ways to save money, they even process their own deer meat from road kill.  :o One of their focuses this summer was trying to lose weight, the Mother is 307 lbs. They didn't have any luck, I think she went down a pound an a half.I think someone REAL could get through to them.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 11:34:24 AM »
My late sister had a hoarding disorder. It was very disabling for her.
It was VERY challenging going through her things after she passed away February last year.

I find programs that capitalize on this disorder to make money, despicable! >:( >:( >:(

Hoarding IS a mental disorder and should not be used for entertainment and/or money-making purposes.
Just imagine reality shows like this depicting people with breast cancer, Alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia, etc..
How insensitive and disgusting!!!

It so sad that in our culture, we're being progressively desensitized to the value of human life and suffering.
This is the destiny of a culture that devalues God and the moral compass He give us.

Pray everyday for our country and its leaders.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 06:22:08 PM »
Umpa, I'm afraid that if you went on that show, they would just yell at you or be stupid or something like that.  ::) Whatever looks good for tv and supports their dysfunction.

God helps those.....

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »
I am so sorry about your sister Tony. I meant no disrespect. Seeing how dibilitating that disorder is really SCARES me. I think that is what fuels my cleaning motivation... seeing how hard it is for those people and those they love. Because I can get bitten by the clutterbug from time to time.
*hugs* and again... I am so sorry for your loss.

ON the other topic... I don't think they would be mean to Umpa.  Who could be??  ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 01:26:35 PM »
I am so sorry about your sister Tony. I meant no disrespect. Seeing how debilitating that disorder is really SCARES me. I think that is what fuels my cleaning motivation... seeing how hard it is for those people and those they love. Because I can get bitten by the clutterbug from time to time.
*hugs* and again... I am so sorry for your loss. ...

Hi Suzanne! :)

Thank you for your condolences. :) :) :)

I'm in no way upset with you.
I am upset with the producers of programs like this, seeking profit from others' misery.

Occasionally letting your belongings get "out of hand", is perfectly normal.
Due to the demands of life, it happens to all of us from time to time.

But for hoarders, there is a distinct paranoia attached with letting objects go.
For them, it's painful to let go, and at the same time, painful to live with the consequences.
That is a sad and tormented way to be alive.

Asserting control over one's domicile helps keep things in order in one's mind.
Keeping our homes clean and orderly helps our minds stay "clean and orderly". ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »
From what I understand in watching that show, many of the hoarders are just plain lonely and/or scared of "life" or other people and they isolate themselves and help their loneliness by surrounding themselves with "stuff".

What the world needs now is love, sweet love...