Author Topic: new job eating issues  (Read 3211 times)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
new job eating issues
« on: September 24, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
Hi all:

sorry it has been so long and hope everyone is doing well.  I recently made a major career change from a supervisor on my own hours RIto working as an art museum security associate.  More hours and beautiful surroundings!  It is no stress and I am very happy but I am walking for 4-8 hrs or at least on my feet that long.  I can only eat on each 15 min break so mentally I am constantly thinking about my next break so I can eat and fuel up for the next few hours.  I am constantly craving carbs and protein and my low carb snacks are not cutting it so I end up grabbing a burger and chips from the vending machine to fill me.  So far It hasn't done much damage as far as weight but is in inches.  I've tried eating SF oatmeal and bacon because it lasts longer than eggs and bacon for breakfast.  My low carb wraps for lunch are not filling enough even backed with meat, cheese, tomatoes and spinach leaves.  I don't want to sabotage my weight loss because of a  depravity mindset.  Any thoughts?  Oh I did put a small bad of almonds in my pockets to eat when I take a personal relief between breaks which helps some.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Izze
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: new job eating issues
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:44:39 AM »
Hi izzet ! Always a pleasure my friend.You need Flaxseed to fill you up and keep you full.OMMs and boiled eggs would be good too.Boiled eggs can quickly be turned into egg salad.Tuna would also be good.Make sure you are drinking enough water so you are not mistaking hunger for thirst.You just need proper planning.Congrats on the new job,sounds lovely ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 08:10:24 AM »
Izzet,
It's also probable that your carb requirement has gone up because of the exercise of walking and being on your feet for that long, but you are getting the wrong carbs.  You already know that part.  Look at fruits, beans, higher carb veggies instead of buns and chips. 

Congrats on the new job.  Less stress and beautiful surroundings sound heavenly. 

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 11:01:27 AM »
Thanks to both of you!

Ok...OMMs (flaxseed) and boiled eggs....I could probably eat them in 10 min...takes 5 min travel time to and from my posts. lol I'm not a tuna fan but I get what you are saying.  I could make an almond milk shake with flaxseed too and put that in my bag for lunch too.  It crossed my mind that I may be dehydrated so I take a SF vitamin drink w/electrolytes with me to drink during my break and it's 22 oz.  We are allowed to drink water on a PR but it's only about 2x per 4 hours plus the break.  I agree about planning and bring food it just ends up not being enough to satisfy and been trying to figure something out to work around the new time restrictions.  So far I've only gained 2lbs. in a month but it concerned me that may multiply. lol

Initially I didn't want to drink too much because I never knew when I could take a potty break as I already have a BL problem. lol Oh and I have to watch how much fiber I'm in-taking as it could be offensive to both the patrons and my co-workers. ROTFL  Hopefully the eggs won't do that either.  It's difficult to find a corner away from everyone. lol

Thanks for the suggestions and will see if this helps.

Love and hugs!

Izze
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:33:45 AM by izzet »
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »
Its just proper planning. I take a cooler in the car when I am showing property with berries,cheese,italian deli meats and prepped veggies and salad dressing.I can go all day ;)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 01:04:58 AM »
In essence, take more than I need just in case. ;)  Thanks so much...the eggs are working out great with the OMMs.  I even just make deviled eggs and top with a piece of bacon on each.  Great snack.  I just got out of having to prepare this stuff and think ahead to take with me as I usually wasn't out long at my other job and I could just eat when I wanted.  Usually a low carb protein bar was enough for a snack but then again I wasn't burning up the calories like I am now. lol  I've been eating low-carb wraps instead of the OMMs and so I forgot how good  they were!  I just needed some reminding.

Getting excited that Dale Chihuly's exhibit is coming to the fine arts museum in October.  His blue chandelier is going up the 5th and the exhibit is on the 20th.
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 11:56:58 AM »
Hi Izzet! :)

Congrats on the new job!!!
Having less stress in your life and enjoying your job is a good and healthy thing!

You might also consider "pocket foods" like almonds, cut up pepperoni sticks, etc..
Anything that will fit (and keep) in a small baggie in your pocket will work.
Soon, you'll work out a system and be able to better manage hunger. :)

BTW... We're blessed to have Dale Chihuly as a local in our area.
He has a HUGE exhibit at the Tacoma Arts Museum.
His work is simply AMAZING!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 09:34:56 AM »
How beautiful! I will have to check out his work ;)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 11:55:03 AM »
Thanks Tony!  Yes, trying to get use to a new schedule has had it's challenges and having been on the program so long w/out having to worry about these little issues because of the freedom of my last job had gotten me a bit rusty on some basics. lol  I needed some reminding for sure!  I am so grateful to have you all to turn to and so appreciate your kind advice.

I love my job and grateful that I have been blessed with it.  You are so fortunate to have seen the exhibit before.  I saw a PBS special this week on his work and am very excited that he his coming to VA.

Umpa...if you and Doug are in the area please do stop by the VMFA on 200 Boulevard in Richmond.  I know Doug goes to the tidewater area a quite a bit.  I believe the tickets can be obtained on the VMFA website.

http://www.vmfa.state.va.us/exhibitions/chihuly.aspx[/url]

Be blessed!
Izze
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:56:54 AM by izzet »
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

AliciaInTX

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »
Mmm! Turkey roll ups with cream cheese and green leaf lettuce would be filling! Try adding a low carb tortilla....that will give you a few carbs and you'll have the other stuff for fuel. Water is a definite must! Congratulations on finding a great job that you enjoy!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 10:06:04 AM »
Will do Izzet ;)