Author Topic: How To Eat GREAT At Burger King :)  (Read 38295 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
How To Eat GREAT At Burger King :)
« on: June 08, 2010, 08:45:19 AM »
I hear it all the time....fast food is making this country FAT....not so my friends. french fries, sesame seed buns, ketchup, apple pies and full sugar soda from fast food joints.....Ah...that's what's making us FAT. But can you still eat at your favorite fast food place. You bet! When I'm on the road and need a quick meal it's as simple as 1 2 3

1- Buy a whopper or double whopper without Ketchup and a side salad from Burger King. Ask for Ranch dressing

2- Remove the bread and place all the meat and veggies on the salad, top with ranch dressing

3- Enjoy your meal  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
Re: How To Eat GREAT At Burger King :)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 10:40:19 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing this Doug! Sometimes it is so hard breaking from the old "Let's stop and grab a burger real quick", but this
brings us a whole new fresh idea for allowing back some fast food eating and the kids do not feel ripped off so much anymore~~
We have also done what Umpa shared by bringing the Lo-carb tortilla and transferring the meat and veggies~~
Everyday we are learning more and more as we adjust for healthy life and we're loving it~~ Bless you! ....yum!

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »
I took my kids through the drive through at BK the other morning. I ordered a sausage, egg, and cheese croissant AND a fork and knife. They thought I was nuts, but I didn't care. I threw away the bread and ate the sausage, egg, and cheese with the knife and fork! : )

Cyndi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »
Amen!...LoL~~ u go sis! :D

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 11:59:40 AM »
I'm drooling again ;D
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas

sbclark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 06:48:31 PM »
I am excited to try this! I love Whoppers and have steered clear of them for years!
Thanks for the tip!

The other day I took my girls to a local taco place.  They all ordered and I sat with them...I went back to the counter, said I had changed my mind and asked for a taco minus the tortilla...they were more than happy to do it, put all of the ingredients in a styrofoam box and I ate it with a fork, it was fantastic and I didn't feel a bit deprived!

Happy Eating !!  8)
Started 6/1/10

Rena

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »
Thanks for the tip! Haven't tried BK yet, but did eat a salad at Wendys recently. I was pleasantly surprised when I looked around the dining room and saw 4 others eating the same thing.

Cyndi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 12:28:36 PM »
just be careful of the dressings... read the packets... I Love Ranch Dressings... Burger King uses "Ken's Ranch Dressing" which is awesome as they are only 1 carb. per two Tablespoons so if you use the whole packet it is 2 carbs so i suggest to only use 1/2 a packet.. but like at McDonalds, they use "Paul Newman's Ranch Dressing" that packet is 9....yes, i said ***9*** carb's!!!!! ouch! ...I Love me my whoppers toooo! Blessings to all for a joyful and wondrous new year of success living the Fat to Skinny lifestyle!! Life is so beautiful~~ ...LIVE IT !! Praise the Lord \:D/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »
Cyndi welcome back! :)

Cyndi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 09:12:18 AM »
I Love you Umpa!! ...Oh, I peek in every so often~~  ;) yes i doo! makin' sure we are all still walkin' the same Life path!
You are my family.... for LIFE! and with Love I pray always for everyone here~~
Looks like all is going real well \;D/HalleluYah! Lord Bless all you precious sweeties~~  :-*
Have a great day and an ABSOLUTELY REFRESHED AND BLESSED NEW YEAR 2011 ~~ See you again real soon!! Cyndi
  (...hi beebs :o huggerssss~)

Rena

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 12:02:48 PM »
Thanks, Cindi! Nine carbs? Wow. I might start carrying my own in my purse. It's a good thing I don't eat out all that often anymore.

At Wendy's we had the spicy chicken salad, but replaced it with grilled instead. The dressing wasn't that much per packet, but they gave us 2 each (plus croutons), which can easily sabotage a person if they're not careful.

darpar62

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 09:30:33 PM »
Sometimes with kids and all the running around I do, I find myself at drive-ins too often. This is nice to know that there is food you can eat there and not worry about falling off the plan.
Thank you Doug,
Darla

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 09:57:31 PM »
Welcome  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 08:31:29 PM »
Doug,I dont have a BK but i have others. I'll go up and order a bacon cheeseburger, through the bread away and wrap it it a La Tortilla Factory Tortilla and have a ball.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 10:20:35 AM »
Thats it. I don't like their bread anyway. ;)