Author Topic: How To Eat GREAT At Burger King :)  (Read 38294 times)

Emmitt

• View Profile
Re: How To Eat GREAT At Burger King :)
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2012, 12:31:28 PM »
I thought we had to give up on all resturants.  Now, I feel better that I can go out to eat. lol  Thanks Doug!! :D

I hear it all the time....fast food is making this country FAT....not so my friends. french fries, sesame seed buns, ketchup, apple pies and full sugar soda from fast food joints.....Ah...that's what's making us FAT. But can you still eat at your favorite fast food place. You bet! When I'm on the road and need a quick meal it's as simple as 1 2 3

1- Buy a whopper or double whopper without Ketchup and a side salad from Burger King. Ask for Ranch dressing

2- Remove the bread and place all the meat and veggies on the salad, top with ranch dressing

3- Enjoy your meal  ;)

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2012, 12:34:06 PM »
Good one Owensmath!  I will try that! :D

I took my kids through the drive through at BK the other morning. I ordered a sausage, egg, and cheese croissant AND a fork and knife. They thought I was nuts, but I didn't care. I threw away the bread and ate the sausage, egg, and cheese with the knife and fork! : )

Thinisin

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2012, 08:47:33 AM »
The bk breakfast sandwich sounds yummy!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »
bring your own bread ;)

Ann B

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2012, 12:18:47 AM »
Silly me. It never occurred to me to turn a the sandwich into a salad. However, recently I was offered lunch and ordered BLT no bread. Was asked if I wanted anything else...sure Ranch dressing.  Great BLT with a fork meal.

No more peeling off the coating on corn dogs for me.  Ha!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2012, 09:09:57 AM »
30 pounds done Ann you are doing great!!! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2012, 12:08:12 PM »
30 pounds done Ann you are doing great!!! ;D

HOORAY, ANN!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

Ann B

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2012, 04:02:44 PM »
I've been getting lots of compliments at work and around town. When I tell them it's been easy, but I still have 40 lbs to go, they wonder from where. However, I dress better so the clothes drape nicely and compliment my natural shape hourglass/short stature over the fluffiness.

They know the fluffiness is there, but the change has been dramatic.

Watching "What Not to Wear" has been very helpful to see myself in reality and find the clothes that compliment rather than hide.  Wearing shapeless clothes just makes me look like a block of chunk.  Well, anyone who dresses to hide looks bigger than they really are.

My purchase of clothes (shopping in thrift stores as I must shop often now) is becoming more selective....as well as having more choices with the decreasing sizes.

My fluffiness is actually obvious, but it can be dressed to be a pleasant sight for my mirror and for others.

I read many years ago: a professional stylist wrote that to dress ourselves well/wear makeup if it enhances is to show respect for our self and for others. As in if we don't present our self well, it says I don't care about you...that you have to see me look a mess. 

And we all know (or should by now) that presenting yourself in your best light opens doors, allows positive response/actions from others....People appreciate beauty.

Don't be afraid to be as beautiful on the outside as your are inside.  Watch a bit of 'What Not to Wear' if you need some help.

OK, off this soapbox. HA!

Ann B

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2012, 04:35:15 PM »
http://wwnh.wordpress.com/2011/05/08/1269-dress-to-expectations-of-others/

A nice article on dressing yourself with respect/gratitude.

Oh yes, 'your appearance reflects your respect of/toward others' was more the thought the stylist was making.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2012, 08:57:57 AM »
I don't leave the house without my face on! :D I love clothes!

Zenababy17

• Before! :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 01:07:39 PM »
Love it love it! All that blessing and we get to eat like normal folks to!! Lifescooood. lolol :) Shalom Cyndi!

Ephiniy today regarding Splenda... i think the coffe/carby monster owned me these last two weeks! No more. Change is a com-min... and Im not mad! LOL

These post are so great... Thanks Umpa and Doug! Love you guys .. we cant help it.. you are giving us such hope and with results to prove it.

Sher

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2012, 08:57:00 AM »
You are welcome ;) Soon all this will just be habit :)