Author Topic: feel a little lighter:)  (Read 3892 times)

B_mom19

• View Profile
    • Email
feel a little lighter:)
« on: October 18, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
So, I have been doing this since Sunday and it is Thursday. I have lost a pound:/ I guess I was expecting more but I have "cheated" a tad with my coffee and creamer and had a yogurt this morning because I was late for work and it was the first thing I grabbed. As crazy as it sounds though my work scrubs are fitting looser and I even got told by someone that they could tell I was loosing! It has just made my day! I actually feel "lighter"! I usually dread doing diets but I honestly cant wait to make more positive decisions at meal time and be more active at home everyday!

shawn116

Re: feel a little lighter:)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 10:30:50 PM »
Awesome!!!  It's such a great feeling isn't it  :)  Keep up the great work!! 

Try and have things ready to grab for those days you just don't have time.  I can't tell you how many times I've headed down the road eating a hard boiled and a beef stick.  HA!  Especially if I'm headed to the grocery.  Lord knows I never want to be in there hungry  ;D 

scottinflorida

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 06:45:43 AM »
Sometimes the scale doesn't tell the whole story!  For me there have been some weeks where I lost inches instead of pounds, and other weeks both went down.  And occasionally there is the week where you don't "seem" to make progress - that's when you have to have already decided in advance that you are in this to change your life, not just to change a number on the scales that week.  Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 08:46:34 AM »
Well, you're on your way :) Remember mom19 this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Once you're fully eating the FAT TO SKINNY way you'll nee go back....so.....yogurt shouldn't even be in your house to grab. Time to clean out the pantry, fridge and cabinets of all those nasty foods and beverages that have made you fat. NO you can't stash them away "until"  There is no "until" coming for you...they are gone forever. Time to get serious  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 08:50:58 AM »
I always tell people I'm not on  a diet that this is my lifestyle. Much like a Vegan is a lifestyle choice so is FTS. You need to clear those cupboards out. Yogurt is full of sugar and will stop you from losing. You're doing so well you don't want to ambush yourself with carb loaded foods. Plan ahead, clear your cabinets and keep FTS friendly snacks on hand and in your purse. The time goes so fast you might as well be using to your advantage and get your FTS on full time!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 08:59:37 AM »
Getting rid of the stuff that made me fat isn't always as easy as it sounds.  I have two kids in elementary school.  I have gotten rid of the worst of the worst stuff, but... I have switched to eating the FTS way, and as a consequence, they are eating healthier too... but, I still have snacks, bread, yogurt, fruit, etc. in the house for them.  When they want Peanut Butter and Jelly, they don't want Soy Butter and Sugar Free Jelly.. I am willing to accept that it just doesn't taste the same... they are not.

I am certainly willing to use sucralose and stevia for myself.  However, I am hesitant to feed it to my kids.  I am not convinced it is safe for developing bodies.  Perhaps that is still the brainwashing at work...

I just know that when I am looking for a snack, it is a hard boiled egg or some cheese or a hot dog instead of chips for me.  It hasn't been as hard as I would have thought.. the key is having good stuff in the house.  If not, I will grab the bad stuff.

Stay Strong,

Mark

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
Take your measurements it will blow you away how fast they come down ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »
Hi B_mom19! :)

If you want FTS-friendly yogurt, Kroger carries a store brand called Carbmaster.
It's only 4 net carbs per container... And they taste wonderful! :) :) :)
They're usually 10 for $4 (40 cents each).

On those mornings when I'm in a big hurry, I'll often grab one with a couple slices of cheese.

If you don't have a Kroger affiliate store in your area, Danon makes a nice one too.
It has 3 grams. But, it's much more expensive than Kroger's ($1-2 each).

To find a Kroger, check here:
http://services.kroger.com/StoreLocator/StoreLocatorAdvanced.aspx

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

B_mom19

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 04:55:27 PM »
this has been such a huge help! Thanks so much!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 06:57:56 PM »
That's what we're here for!