Author Topic: Net Carb Lavash  (Read 16810 times)

ereino

• View Profile
Net Carb Lavash
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »
I would like a receip to make the low net carb lavash.  Buying it is too expensive.  Is this possible and thanks so very much!  I am definitely a newbie!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Net Carb Lavash
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 09:27:15 AM »
Thats a good question, I don't know the answer.I  will look at some recipes and get back you. ;) Low carb tortillas are cheaper.

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »
Yes, and we have found the low carb tortillas and they are good...but there is something about lavash that is splendid!  I would love to make them.  My husband thinks it's too much work, but I would love to at least try it out.  We buy from Florida and we live in Wisconsin, and a few times there have been some moldy spots on them and the shipping is expensive.  We freeze them immediately and then use.  BUT, still, I would like to make our own.  Thanks for checking into this for me!  You are GREAT!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 10:31:55 AM »
you are welcome ;)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:17:27 AM »
Hi Umpa...any news?  I am determined! 

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
Have you checked at your WalMart?  I found the lavash in the deli section with the other breads they have on low shelves in front of the deli counter.  I admit that I was so excited about finding them locally that I don't remember the price, but certainly less than paying for shipping and they were fresh.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 11:11:53 AM »
i also buy the ones at walmart ;) I have looked up recipes its a white flour recipe and those are tough. I have to give it alittle more thought ;)

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 12:12:09 PM »
Speaking of lavish.....(I also buy mine from Walmart  ;) )  I tried something new with it today.  I was really hungry for a crunchy cereal....Lord knows why  8)  It's cold here Ha!  I soaked one for about 15 minutes in Torani's sf french vanilla syrup.  Cut into small pieces and sprinkled with cinnamon.  I sprayed some parchment paper with cooking spray, laid them out in a single layer and sprayed the tops.  I baked these at 325 for about 15 minutes to crisp up.  (keep an eye out because they can burn quickly)  Half a lavish = 4 net carbs.  I threw mine in a bowl and added my sf almond milk (I like to use the Silk brand at 0 net carbs per serving).  Reminded me of Cinnamon Toast Crunch....... Pretty tasty  ;D ;D ;D   Just wanting something different than eggs this morning  ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:19:07 PM by TooSweet »

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
My, oh my, oh my.  Who woulda thought cereal was at my fingertips? 

I've been thinking of dusting it with a little popcorn oil and powdered ranch dressing mix (just a little) cutting it into squares and toasting it to make crackers.  Same concept I think, but Shawn actually did it!

This stuff is very versatile!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 12:40:41 PM »
Gotta try this! Wonder if it will work in my camper oven?? :)

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »
I've been thinking of dusting it with a little popcorn oil and powdered ranch dressing mix (just a little) cutting it into squares and toasting it to make crackers.  Same concept I think, but Shawn actually did it!

Andrea these work great as cracker for sure.....I've been doing that for a while now.  Those popcorn flavorings work great for that too  ;) Especially the cheddar cheese and the ranch  (FYI... if you are going to use those...make the crackers plain first and season after they are cooled.  If you put them in a ziplock and give a little shake......   Yummm  :)  Those flavorings don't bake well as a coating  :-\

Umpa I'm sure they would work great in the camper  ;) 

I wish I could take credit for this idea...LOL  I saw this on another site and I finally tried it this morning.   It's wicked good   :-*   so I thought I would share with my FTS peeps  ;D 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »
Okay TooSweet coated them with cilantro pesto and put them in the oven......CRUNCHY GOODNESS! They did cook quick though ;) Need a little romano me thinks ;)

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 01:41:13 PM »
Yummmy!!   :D 

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »
Thanks, ladies.  I don't have much time at home every day and I spend very little of it in the kitchen.  I'm feeling very inspired in the "what to do with the lavash" category.  I'm making crackers tonight.  Thanks for the tips, Shawn.

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »
Happy snacking Andrea  ;D  That is what I like about these....you don't have to spend so much time in the kitchen because a lot of the cooking is already done.   It falls in the almost homemade category LOL