Author Topic: Net Carb Lavash  (Read 16817 times)

ereino

• View Profile
Re: Net Carb Lavash
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 10:08:46 AM »
okay, I called Outpost Natural food stores and they sold Sami's Lavash but the price was $6.79 a packet.  It's way too far for me to travel - probably greater than 50  miles so forget it.  BUT, thanks for the Wal-Mart tip.  Maybe I'll just purchase them there.  I'm still interested in making them, so Umpa, if you ever come across a recipe, that would be GREAT!  AND, if I come across one I'll share.  Thanks for all of the communication regarding making crackers, too.  My husband makes them out of the lavash and we use with crackers or soups.  You all take care now and have a wonderful and VERY CREATIVE DAY! 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 10:53:18 AM »
the lavash at walmart makes good pizza too ;) i am still looking for a recipe. Jo did a cracker recipe I may be able to beef up for lavash,I love a challenge ;)

shawn116

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 11:03:58 AM »
Oh man!!  That is crazy expensive!!  I don't blame you for not wanting to drive far or wanting to make your own!  I would check Walmart out for sure.  The Joseph's lavash are really good and probably more than half that cost.  I love the pitas too for sandwiches and mini pizzas.   If your Walmart doesn't have them make sure you ask before you give up, mine will run out quickly.  Most stores I look in have them in the deli area not with the breads.  It's not that I don't like to make my own things...I usually do but these are such a reasonable price.  I don't think I could make them for much cheaper  LOL Not like the others you are talking about....geez I would be all about making my own then!!  HA !   If you come across a recipe I would love to try it  ;D

Here is what you are looking for, for those that are wondering....

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 10:23:48 AM »
Going to my Wal-Mart at lunch time - Wish me luck that they have them.  If I don't see them on the counter, I'll do as Too Sweet suggested and ask someone if they carry them and when the next shipment will be in.  This is a GREAT website and thank you Doug and Umpa!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 10:24:15 AM »
They are over by the deli in baskets.Between the produce department and deli ;)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 11:15:33 AM »
Nope, tried two super size Wal-Mart stores in the se Wisconsin locations and none of them carry Joseph's Lavash.  Even spoke to a store manager at both places.  Now, the Woodman's in Kenosha sells the high carb lavash.  They also sell a Lawash (that's right, with a W) and it is like a skinny tortilla and low net carbs.  I am getting tired of hunting this down.  One more try at a Health Hut, but not very promising for this area.  Soooooooooooo, I am a thinking that a RECIPE :-) is my last resort.  Any luck with pulling one together?  No rush, but I am down to my last three packages of Sami's in the freezer.  We are going to miss those babies once they are gone!  Help and Thanks bunches!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »
Hi ereino! :)

I just reordered these from Netrition.com.
We really like them! ;D

http://www6.netrition.com/josephs_bakery_lavash_bread.html

I was also running low on Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce.
So I ordered a few bottles at the same time.

http://www6.netrition.com/seal_sama_sf_teriyaki_sauce.html

You should browse around their site for other low carb foods.
They have a HUGE selection at reasonable prices.

Netrition charges $4.95 shipping per order regardless of the order's size.
I normally stock up and order quantities for that reason.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 02:14:43 PM »
okay Tony, Big thanks.  This is probably the way to go.  Thanks for the suggestions.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 04:24:39 PM »
Enreino I haven't forgotten you I am in my camper at a state park.I won't be home until December 1.I don't have a regular oven in the camper so its hard to bake :)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
Okay Dear - hope you are have a great time - Oh, no luck with lavash - t/t Health Nut and he just called me back and said their suppliers don't buy this product.  Also t/t a Pick N Save and he is asking his folks about it.  I still want to make this product.  AND, I know as a last resort I can get on Netrition to order.  BUT, still want to make.  t/t you when you return from your trip Umpa.  Take care and be safe!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 09:03:41 AM »
My Walmart no longer carries the Lavash or Pitas.  I'm really bummed about losing the convenience of just adding it to my grocery list vs. ordering online.  It freezes and thaws well so I ordered a month's worth but DARN!

shawn116

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 10:50:57 AM »
Oh man that isn't fun at all!!   :o :o  I sure hope my Walmart doesn't quit with them.  They do tend to run out of them often though.... I would think a good seller would keep them on the shelf.  I hate that for you Andrea...I would be bummed too  :-\

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 02:28:36 PM »
My Walmart no longer carries the Lavash or Pitas.  I'm really bummed about losing the convenience of just adding it to my grocery list vs. ordering online.  It freezes and thaws well so I ordered a month's worth but DARN!

Hi Andrea! :)

I've found that by speaking with a store's manager will usually get products back on store shelves.

Simply tell him/her that you buy the product on a regular basis.
And would prefer buying it from them rather than somewhere else.

Tony

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 02:47:33 PM »
Yeah, I tried that at Walmart.  They switched teh type of "flatbread" that they have aailable in our distribtion area at least.  My Netrition order will be in today or tomorrow so I'm covered, just complaining.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
Yeah, I tried that at Walmart.  They switched teh type of "flatbread" that they have aailable in our distribtion area at least.  My Netrition order will be in today or tomorrow so I'm covered, just complaining.

That's too bad, Andrea... Thank God for Netrition.com! ;D ;D ;D
With their flat $4.95 shipping charge regardless of order size, I order BIG from them! ;)

Tony