Author Topic: Commercials  (Read 2486 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Commercials
« on: November 04, 2012, 05:01:38 AM »
Just having a bit of a vent regarding commercials.  I don't usually pay much attention to commercials, but today it seemed as if 2 out of 3 commercials was about food - fast food, cereals, etc.   No wonder people are always eating - that's all you seem to see on tv.  Also,  I was waiting at the doctors surgery with my daughter yesterday and there were stacks of 'foodie' magazines and even the normal magazines were packed with recipe after recipe - and not the healthy variety either.  I truly think these must trigger people's cravings surely.  It is in your face continuously. 

They banned smoking ads, I think it must be time to ban food advertisements as well.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Commercials
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:24:22 AM »
I HATE the childrens cereal commercials! Trying to sell a box of sugar and grain as healthy is INSANE!! It should have a warning like cigarettes , because it can also feed cancer >:(

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »
So true.  It is amazing what they claim is healthy.   I saw an ad for a frozen entree that was "all natural" and "healthy"  It touted whole grains and organic ingredients, including seven different types of grains.  I saw the product in the store (and would have purchased it in my pre FTS life) and saw that it had 52 grams of carbs per serving - yes, I said 52 grams of carbs.

Mark

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »
I whole heartedly agree!!!
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »
I was excited to see so many gluten free products come out until I read the labels,YIKES! :D

AliciaInTX

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 09:01:16 AM »
It's totally in your face and Pinterest can be dangerous, too!  I love going there for ideas but my friends post the most AMAZING looking dessert recipes. I have to do my own low carb searches just to get away from the main page where all my friends' searches show up. It's hard to look at that stuff and not go crazy with cravings!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 09:56:45 AM »
Alicia just post those dessert recipes in ask umpa and I will convert them for you ;)