Author Topic: headaches & sleepless nights  (Read 4614 times)

kerryC

• View Profile
headaches & sleepless nights
« on: November 09, 2012, 08:58:50 PM »
Im sure Im getting headaches from weaning myself off sugar, but seriously... how long do they last for?  I was fine on day 1, day 2 was a dull ache, yesterday was a migraine and then I woke up with the most intense feeling in the back of my neck and felt like my head would explode in the early hours of this morning.  Has anyone else experienced this side effect as they started FTS?  Ive just been drinking loads of water and taking ibuprofen.  Just wondering how long it will go on for 'cos Id really like to get a good nights sleep and not be taking ibuprofen  ::)

shawn116

Re: headaches & sleepless nights
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »
Hi Kerry....I'm not sure if I have welcomed you to the forum or not, but here is a big WELCOME  ;D   

Everyone is different with the detox symptoms they go through....some lucky folks don't have much of nothing.  I would say a general feeling of icky and head ache is quite normal....I'm just not sure about the intense pain.  If that persists I would see your doc for sure.  I'm wondering with all the water you are drinking could you be missing some caffeine you may be used to having?  Just a thought.  I get horrible head aches if I cut my caffeine off.  Normal detox could last for some up to two weeks.  Personally by the end of the first week I was feeling really good.  I'm sure others will chime in with their ideas.   Hang in there!!  It is so worth it.    :)  Hope you feel better soon

Love the blog by the way  ;)  Too cool

kerryC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 02:23:31 AM »
Hi TooSweet

Thanks so much for the welcome, yes you did before and it was much appreciated!  :)
I think the pain was just muscle tension in my neck and shoulders.. or maybe I need to change my pillow and get better neck support...
Maybe it is lack of caffeine!  I used to drink at least 6 cups of tea a day and yesterday only had 2 cups of coffee  ;)

Im glad you liked my blog, thanks! 

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 09:26:50 AM »
Have you tried switching up your pain relievers?  They all act differently and you may get some relief by changing.

I was one of the lucky ones who never suffered detox symptoms but you have my sympathy.  Your results will be well worth it!

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 10:03:28 AM »
I thought I had..... I was a little confused that under your name it only had 2 posts...LOL   I must have slept funny last night myself...HA!  My head is killing me this morning.  I'm hoping you are feeling better today  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 07:27:37 PM »
KerryC detoxing from sugar is no different than quitting smoking, quitting drugs or quitting drinking.. You go through the same symptoms. Sugar releases dopamine the feel good hormone. In 2 weeks you will be through detox and feel amazing and your energy will go through the roof! If I can help you please ask. ;) You can do this.

kerryC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 03:20:42 AM »
Thanks muchly Umpa!  (argh 2 weeks!  Only 9 more days of detox to get through then  ;) )

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 06:22:07 AM »
If it is a caffeine headache a swig of a diet drink will make it go away . My detox  cravings lasted about a week . But my caffeine headache went away when I got a 20 oz diet coke and put it in the fridge and just have a big sip throughout the day . Try it  it worked for me ! Simple and fast !

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
Ladies, ladies, ladies.... have you forgotten? It's times like these that a nice hot bubble bath, scented candles, soft music and a cup of peppermint tea are called for....geeez it takes a guy to remind you  ::)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 12:14:37 PM »
Point taken!  Put relaxing at the top of the list.

kerryC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »
Well, here is my suprising result and conclusion to the headaches and sleepless nights....
Not only had I not slept for 2 nights and had that tension in my neck and shoulders... but I {ahem}, hadn't pooped for 2 days either  ::)

So I went to the search box on the forums, typed in constipation and read some of the advice given.  Then I ate a bowl of SF jelly, an hour later had a good poop ;)... and last night I was headache free and slept soundly!

Who would have thought it would all be connected to not pooping ::)  Headaches and poop be gone! ha ha ha

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 04:33:32 PM »
Glad you are feeling better  ;)

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 07:09:37 PM »
The body works in truly amazing ways.  Everything is connected...

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 12:17:39 PM »
That's great news, KerryC!!! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

kerryC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »
Thanks people!  I'm feeling SO ALIVE!  Yesterday (Monday) I was flying with my energy levels and today feels the same  :D