Author Topic: sweetners  (Read 5410 times)

starla

• View Profile
    • Email
sweetners
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:14:00 AM »
i donot like stevia, can i use Trivia instead ? it is 4grams carbs per packet, i ordered the 0 sweetner, untill it arrives what is best suggestion?

Zenababy17

• Before! :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: sweetners
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 08:29:12 AM »
Hey starla,
I dont like stevia either.. its bitter to me and not great in coffee.. I use good ol splenda for now at.>1 carb per teaspoon. Taste pretty good considering its not sugar.

My off brand has less carbs than the big brand for some reason. Ask Umpa tho shes got a list! :0) And TooSweet and Andrea also are on target.

Sher

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 08:59:06 AM »
Sher watch that Splenda, It's 24 carbs per cup.  The stuff they sell in the stores including the store brands have dextrose and maltodextrin, which are used to increase bulk and make it measure and resemble sugar.  They can mark it as less than 1g because the serving size is so small.  If you have to use it to cook it will add up quick  :o

Starla the Truvia is fine to use.  I'm with you, I get a bitter taste when I use the stevia by itself.  The Truvia is a mix of stevia and erythritol together.  I'm guessing one helps the other in taste and properties.  In any case it should be fine to use.  I get tummy issues with erythritol sometimes though (not everyone does) so you might be mindful of your portions.  I have some in the container rather than the packets.  It lists it as 3 total carbs per 3/4 tsp with 3 Erythritol.  You can subtract the erythritol because it is a sugar alcohol.  That makes it a zero.  Here is the kick though....at 3 sugar alcohol per 3/4 tsp....I can see where you could get way out of hand on the sugar alcohols  :P  I've used it in a pinch in my one minute muffins but geez.... 1 tbs = 4 3/4 tsp servings= 12 sugar alcohols.  Usually anything over 10 will upset my tummy  :-\   

I might add too ladies that Walmart is now carrying a liquid sucralose called Sucralose to go.  It isn't as concentrated as you can get with other brands, but it works great too  ;)  Most stores that I have been in have it stocked with the sugar.  

Hope this helps  :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:25:03 AM by TooSweet »

Zenababy17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »
Holy Corn TooSweet... I am JUST now reading this post about Spenda.. Dangit! I knew it tasted tooo good to be true LOLOL No wonder .. I am struggling.. did not realize this could be why I only lost 3 pounds in over a week... I have been drinking more coffee and yep.. More Carbs. Crapolah.
Okay.. tweeking today and hope this will make a bigger diff. ... Thanks for letting me know!

What sweetener doesnt hve the bitter taste? :) I will order the sweetee drops from Umpa and Doug.. I love my coffees ... :0)

Thanks again TooSweet.. you might of just saved me from my coffeee self! lololl

Sher

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 03:35:19 PM »
Hi Sher! :)

I promise you, you won't be disappointed in the FTS Zero!
I use it almost every day and LOVE it! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »
Thanks again TooSweet.. you might of just saved me from my coffeee self! lololl

Hi Sher  :)    You and me both girl...LOL  I love my coffee too.   I absolutely love the FTS zero.  I use it just about every day in my coffee if I'm drinking it sweet.  It's great for cooking too  ;)  I still keep xylitol around just in case I need something with bulk.  I bet it will make all the difference now  ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 08:51:40 AM »
You really have to pay attention,carb creep is a reality ;) There is a post from Doug on the homepage about Splenda.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
And be careful, Sher, about setting yourself up to be disappointed.  Early in the process, weight comes of more easily and your rate of loss will slow.  The optimists in the crowd recognize that as the time when your body catches up with what you are doing.  It gives your skin a chance to shrink to the correct size.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »
Hey Texas    FTS Zero is Da Bomb :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Zenababy17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 11:28:24 PM »
Thanks everyone ! I am stayin tha course and just happy to be loosing and not gaining :0P Been walking every day and started doing more of my yoga stuff tew.. showing in my face for sure .. just not as puffy as I was... so many little things are adding up ... I dont mind slower as this is just how i will try and live for now on.. or Fer Now Own ;0)
xox Sher