Author Topic: Remain stalled  (Read 14837 times)

shawn116

Re: Remain stalled
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 10:38:54 PM »
OH DEAR LORD ! I DO NOT KNOW IF I COULD GO WITHOUT MY COFFEE CREAMER OR ZERO, MAYBE I COULD ONLY DRINK ONE CUP IN MORNING AND START FROM THERE . I AM DETERMINED TO lose weight AND GET HEALTHY SO MAYBE I CAN GET IN THAT MIND SET.

Just tell yourself it's a test.  Give it up for a week and see what happens.   ;D  Tony is right...I was a sugar and cream person for as long as I can remember.  I now enjoy it both ways. 

A typical 1/2 cup serving of green beans will be 3 net carbs.  One carb here and there will add up quick if you aren't careful.
MY CAN STATES 1/2 CUP IS SERVING SIZE , 3 CARBS AND 1 GRAM FIBER= 2 NET CARBS ? RIGHT?
  I'm sorry girl....you would be right here then.   ;)  It's frustrating how many labels are so different isn't it?   LOL  Doug's veggie list in the book lists them as 3 but I guess those are for fresh. 

EVEN WITH HEAVY CREAM YOU GAIN OR MAINTAIN?  I DO NOT LIKE THIS LOL I CAN ADJUST THOUGH MAYBE USE LESS FOR NOW
Yes I hate to say it but if I take in too much....I go no where.. :-\   The same with too many nuts.  Just watch your portions.  Even too many 0 carb things can be too much. 

You are doing great though Steph.  For someone that is as determined as you, a little tweaking and hanging in there I have no doubt you will see results. 

Andrea that's a great suggestion   :)  The ketone strips my give you some peace of mind.  And I agree put that scale up high where you have to get a ladder or chair to get it.  If I'm not mistaken I think Morgan was the one that did that.....LOL 

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 09:27:46 AM »
Guys,

This entire post string is what makes this forum so valuable.  The caring and understanding is beyond compare (especially for people we have never actually met other than in cyberspace).  Your supportive suggestions and compassion are the backbone of the FTS system.

I am so proud to be part of this family!!!

Mark
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:29:42 AM by mdanziger »

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
Ah, shucks!

shawn116

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 10:45:31 AM »
 ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 02:11:38 PM »
Hi, Gang! :)

We are recovering carbaholics!
We've spent many years feeding our addiction to carbohydrates.

Addiction to carbs is much like any other addiction. Many of the same battles are fought to overcome it.
One of those battles is avoiding trading one addiction for another.

Obsessing over scale readings (or anything else) is a common addictive personality type trait.
It becomes its own addiction... A habit that should be broken ASAP!

This is why we should;

1)  Follow the FTS rules.
2)  Allow no other addiction to replace our carb addictions.
3)  Live life to its fullest and enjoy the journey!
4)  Go forth living with joy and confidence knowing we're adding years to our lives! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »
... I am so proud to be part of this family!!!

Mark

Me too, Mark! :) :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 10:48:35 AM »
 ;D ;D I am so proud of all of you!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 10:20:40 PM »
Hi Friends
UPDATE from my week... i did get rid of the cheese culprit in my house that had potatoe start in it, and have shredded my own cheese this week if i needed it. i have consciously measured my cream in my coffee, about 2 tablespoons per cup and have for the most part only had one cup per day. i can not cut it out completely just yet, so baby steps i went from 2 -3 to one this week. i also cut out the ëxtra"sweetner, like sugar free jello, minimum cheese intake and stuck to high protein and traded the nuts for hard boiled eggs this week as my snack at work this week ( thanks Andrea) good tip for me. I also got the  ketone dip strips today and i am spilling small amounths of ketones.. now obviously being a nurse i understand the concept of ketosis, but my question is where should we be? small moderate or large? i guess the fact that i am spilling them is good in itself!!! another great idea for me to see that i am doing what i am suppose to be doing . i did lose one pound this week but to be honest i thought i would lose more. i have been back and forth for the past 3 months like i said with this same pound that i am still frustrated. as of tomorrow i am going to add extra exercise to my program and see where that takes me because i am discouraged . i am not "derailing in any means"i physically feel great, just like all humans i guess inpatient.... but 3 months and no weight loss  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ makes me upset . any further advice or comments ??

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 06:36:45 AM »
I never show anything on the  strips if I check first think in the morning . Mine has always the first 3-4 . If I drink a lot of water they or lighter and the the late afternoon early evening is almost always the darkest .
Congrats on the 1 pound  more ten i lost this week LOL

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Remain stalled
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 08:24:12 AM »
Jo I tested this morning just to see if same thing happens to me and I as well was negative this morning but makes snese bc your body does not need energy to sleep so it is not burning fat for anything ::)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 09:07:39 AM »
Hi Steph, the fact that you recognize ketones on your strip proves you're changes are indeed burning fat cells... adding some exercise at this point to rev your metabolism is a good idea. Most nurses I know are on their feet all day moving, tell us about your average day, are you getting plenty of footsteps in or are you pretty much sedentary?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Val Copeland

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 09:14:12 AM »
I'm happy to read you are losing again, even if it is slowly. The way I think of it (since I am also a slow  loser) is that I am healing my broken metabolism. And just like healing any part of our bodies takes time and patience, so does this. I'm glad you ditched the diet jello. I have read that ASPARTAME (Nutrasweet and Equal too) can cause a blood sugar rise in some people. Switch to Splenda type sweeteners if you still want sweetness. You may be able to find sodas in your area without aspartame, most of them have it though. I found one here in PA called WAIST WATCHERS that has several flavors as well as Diet Rite brand.

You are doing the right thing for your body so just hang in there, it will work in time. In one book I read that it can take up to six months to get your metabolism working like it should but once it's fixed weight loss will be more consistent.

How does that saying go? It does not matter how slowly we go, so long as we do not stop.
"Do something today that your future self will thank you for."

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Remain stalled
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 10:08:41 AM »
@doug yes I am an icu nurse so I am pretty much on my feet for 13 hours straight with few stops in between to document our stuff on the computer. I work 3 days a week . I also go to school full time for my bachelors ( one more class until I am done!! Yay) so I am at computer a lot of my free time doing my online class stuff. Like everyone else my time constraints are tough but I have put in my mind that it is time to step my game up and dedicate 30 mints a day atleast 3 days a week to start until I have accomplished my goals with school for now ::) anything else I can do different

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 10:21:30 AM »
Yes there is.....try to be patient with your body. Sometimes it simply takes time to adjust to change as discussed in earlier posts. You menu looks like you're properly tweaking, your level of daily exercise is what I had thought it was and you've shed almost half your goal weight. Life is good for you Steph, stay the course :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »
Did you take your measurements?Was there any change Stef? :)