Author Topic: Remain stalled  (Read 14791 times)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Remain stalled
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 12:31:13 PM »
Steph.
How much sleep do you get?  I know that's a really hard one when you have so much on your plate but it is an often overlooked factor in stalled weight loss.  The optimal numbers have changed over the past few years but the current recommended amount is 6 to 7 hours per night. 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 02:04:33 PM »
Hi Steph! :)

When we're burning fat, we burn the least while we sleep and the most while awake.
That coincides with our activity levels. So, check for ketones later in the day.

Simply a few minor tweaks can make all the difference.
So keep tweaking until you uncover what works for you.

As a long-standing member of the "Turtle Club", I know about very slow weight loss.
Remember to be patient for results... They WILL come!
And, don't forget to measure yourself at least once a month!

You will lose the fat!... We'll be right here to help you do it! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: Remain stalled
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 05:50:48 PM »
Steph.
How much sleep do you get?  I know that's a really hard one when you have so much on your plate but it is an often overlooked factor in stalled [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url].  The optimal numbers have changed over the past few years but the current recommended amount is 6 to 7 hours per night. 

I am guilty on work nights not getting the required 6 to 7 hours... but surprisingly I am not tired at all. Its tough to get that amount with the full schedule I have right now bc I wake up at 5am and I do not get home until 8pm. By the time I come home shower and wind down and do some school work its about 11ish...so u get my drift lol but on my days off I try to get enough of it. I thank you andrea for all your help and suggestions you have been such a wealth of knowledge for me! ::)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: Remain stalled
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
Hi Steph! :)

When we're burning fat, we burn the least while we sleep and the most while awake.
That coincides with our activity levels. So, check for ketones later in the day.

Simply a few minor tweaks can make all the difference.
So keep tweaking until you uncover what works for you.

As a long-standing member of the "Turtle Club", I know about very slow [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url].
Remember to be patient for results... They WILL come!
And, don't forget to measure yourself at least once a month!

You will lose the fat!... We'll be right here to help you do it! :)

Tony
Tony I think I am official member of the club bc 3 months with no loss is crazy slow.... but I am honored to stand beside you in the club bc you too are such an inspiration and an amazing support system to me! Thank you

@ umpa, yes I did measure.... I lost about 3\4 inch off my waste and 1 inch around my bust :D:D:D:D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »
And I'm honored to be of any help to you, Steph! :)
What you do today is what matters!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2012, 08:28:08 AM »
I went to grad school the year I turned 40.  It was a fast-track program and, in order to survive, I slept 4 to 6 hours a night, max.  My body adjusted to that and I kept that schedule for 15 more years.  It took more than a year of effort to get to 6 to 7 hours a night.  I didn't think I was tired but I know now that I was sleep deprived for all those years. 

Just be aware of the need to adjust your sleeping habits once you are through school and have fewer demands on your time.  By the way, congrats on dedicating yourself to getting the next degree.  My favorite part of finishing school was reading fiction again.

tommet01

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2012, 11:14:59 AM »
I know that I have read that Aspartame can stall ones weight loss, as well as caffeine.  I mention the Aspartame only because you mentioned that you drank Sprite Zero.  Try Diet Rite, which contains Splenda, but limit it to one a day.  You may want to try to cut down on the coffee as well, maybe 1 cup/day.  Try it for a week, and if your results don't change then you know that's not your problem.  But I would try each separately.  Good luck!