Author Topic: Miracle Noodles  (Read 12887 times)

ereino

• View Profile
Miracle Noodles
« on: November 26, 2012, 04:44:01 PM »
Hi Umpa,

Please tell me that the Miracle Noodles taste good!  I saw them at one of our health food stores in the area and picked up the little floaty package and saw what looked like little white worms floating around in a wet base.  I couldn't get past how weird they looked.  Once you place in a spagetti sauce, do they immediately transform into great tasting pasta noodles or rice, whichever you have bought?  They had angel hair and I think a linguini.  Signed:  freaking out!  I know Doug wouldn't vouche for them if they didn't taste good, but please help me out here.  My brain is worried!

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Miracle Noodles
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 08:20:09 PM »
I do not like them AT ALL but alot of people do like them so give it a go.  You never know until you try it!   Rinse them very well.   :)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:03:54 PM »
They do look kinda odd don't they LOL   :D    Kim is right you need to rinse rinse rinse them very well, and then rinse them again.  The liquid they are in has a odd smell to it.  They don't really have a taste of their own though.  They will take on the taste of what you cook them in.  The only problem I have had with them is they tend to have a rubbery texture to them.  Not soft like a noodle made with flour.  It's my understanding that the angel hair are the best ones to chose, but I'm not sure on that either.   I wish I could tell you more but personally I don't use them.  I couldn't get past the texture.  I know others do like them though  ;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:06:08 PM by TooSweet »

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 09:01:11 AM »
I couldn't get past the texture, either.  I do like the Miracle Rice, though.  I use it in things like stuffed peppers. 

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »
I agree, they are certainly an acquired taste.  Actually, they have no taste, so I guess they are an acquired texture.

I have found that if I pan fry them in a little peanut oil they get nice and crispy (like a birds nest).  Then I can top them with my protein, veggies and selected sauce.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
Thanks for the pan-frying suggestion.  That is definitely worth a try.

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 10:48:15 AM »
Thanks Mark...I think I'll give that a try as well.  I may need to try the rice too.  I'm just so used to the cauli rice.  I'm always up for trying something new.  Thanks for the tips  :D

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 02:05:54 PM »
Thanks everyone - great suggestions and I think I'll stick with the caulirice, although I haven't tried as of yet...will look up recipe.  Thanks for the honest answers...it is much appreciated.

mdanziger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 04:18:31 PM »
I have made cauli mash but have not tried cauli rice.  I have a stick blender... which is great for pureeing the cauliflower, but I don't think it would be good for grating.  Do you use a potato ricer to get the rice texture?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »
Great idea, Mark! :) :) :)

I'm going to try pan frying some tonight!

Not sure what kind of "sauce" I'll use just yet.
When I decide on the entree, I'll have a better idea.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 10:47:44 PM »
Do you use a potato ricer to get the rice texture?

Mark I just use a cheese grater or a food processor while it is raw to prepare it to use for rice.   The potato ricer could work as well, if you wanted to serve something like plain rice.  It could create an extra step though if you then have to cook it in a recipe.  :)  If you want to use it for something like oriental fried rice, Spanish rice or stuffed peppers, you would want to start off with it raw so it doesn't get too mushy.  Is that making any sense??  LOL

mdanziger

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 09:01:03 AM »
That made perfect sense, thank you.  I was thinking of using it in place of rice as a side dish.  We eat a lot of rice in my house (or at least I used to).  I think cauli rice will be a nice substitute.

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 09:16:32 AM »
It's great!  I made a chicken fried rice for dinner a while back and my son happened to stop by.  He sat down to eat and didn't know the difference...HA   Hmmmm I think I just figured out what I'll fix tonight LOL

Just a side note:  Be sure to go careful with the seasonings.  The cauli rice doesn't absorb the seasonings and liquids like the regular rice would.  You would think I would know that, but  my first time out of making fried rice I had to add twice the cauliflower LOL  The left overs were good though  ;D  I'm not sure if the Miracle rice would behave in the same way or not....I need to give it a try.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:37:14 AM by TooSweet »

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 09:23:53 AM »
I recently bought a food processor - they are wonderful.  Going to buy the cauliflower and make the rice this weekend.  Thanks TooSweet!

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 09:37:57 AM »
 ;D ;D