Author Topic: In Size Eights Finally  (Read 4353 times)

ereino

• View Profile
In Size Eights Finally
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »
Hey all.  Started Zumba February this past year.  Lost quite a few inches from the Zumba exercise and the classes were only once a week.  Started at 157.  End of June had a tooth extracted, very serious, and lost approx 10 pounds in that process.  Started FTS mid August of this year upon my doctor referring the book to hubby who has Type 2 D.  I bought the book immediately and began to read it.  It took hubby about a week or so to grudgingly begin to read.  As he began to read the book, he couldn't believe it - and felt revitalized emotionally to realize that he could eat again and only just have to count net carbs.  He couldn't believe it - Liberated at last - Knowledge at last.  And with this new found knowledge, came more weight loss.  I am currently at 128 this morning and actually fit into size eight jeans.  My goal is to be 120/size 6, but happy in my eights.  As Doug's CD says, it took him about a year to emotionally realize that he had taken off those 100 pounds.  I still really can't believe that this has actually happened to me.  My puffy face is normal again.  I don't have this big butt and gut hanging every which way but lose, BUT, my brain hasn't caught up with the weight loss.  I know it will and then I can relax and enjoy!  Thanks Doug.

shawn116

Re: In Size Eights Finally
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:14:32 PM »
That is so awesome!!!   ;D ;D  Congrats on your accomplishment  ;)  I so understand where your hubs is coming from
Liberated at last
  I have felt the same thing.   :D

moose61

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:36 PM »
Way to go, and I know what you mean. I have lost 60 pounds, and mostly feel 20 years younger, but my head is still fat. I keep visualizing myself as last year instead of 20 years ago. Wish my back was 20 younger, but I still like it

scottinflorida

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:27:40 AM »
As he began to read the book, he couldn't believe it - and felt revitalized emotionally to realize that he could eat again and only just have to count net carbs.  He couldn't believe it - Liberated at last

A lot of people here have had that AHA moment!  It's great!  Glad to hear about your success.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 08:18:56 AM »
Congratulations! 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 05:45:15 PM »
YEAH YOU!!! Hot chick Dance!!! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 06:22:37 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D HOORAY ELLIE!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

We get where you're coming from! :)
I feel 30 years younger and am not type II diabetic any longer thanks to FTS!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 08:39:58 AM »
You are VERY welcome Ereino :) How about your hubby and his type 2?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 08:26:20 AM »
Pray for my husband with Type 2 - We started your program in August of this year and really gun ho about it.  I am still gun ho but hubby shared the other day that the 'glitz' is over with him.  He was doing so well and losing weight and his test results were getting better.  I don't see this as a 'glitzy thing' but a change of lifestyle.  I have been going to Zumba class once a  week since Feb '12 and do it because of health reasons.  I feel the same way about FTS.  The sugar that we injest has got to stop personally, nationally and globally.  People just don't get it and our government and commercials don't want us to get it.  It's a bottom line money thing and it's a real shame.  Thanks for all of your support you all - Thank you.  And please, pray for my husband - I know he understands the dangers of Type 2, but don't know how much he is willing to sacrifice in certain areas.  After a while, thought, it doesn't even feel like a sacrifice - I don't miss bread, pasta, corn, potatoes, etc.  I just live without it and look for alternatives.  Be blessed today, all of you. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 09:19:08 AM »
The reality is your husband has to be ready. Type2 is devastating to the body.Maybe you should educate him ;) Or bring him on the forum? What foods are his greatest challenge? :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 11:07:37 AM »
Hello Ellie,

Let your husband know that diabetes is only ONE of the dangers of the toxin, sugar.
There's also coronary heart disease, heart attack, stroke, and based on what we've heard lately... CANCER too!
It seems that sugar is quickly catching up to smoking as a health risk in our culture.

I will pray for the both of you.
I'll pray that you have the right words and that your husband hears them!

And I wish you both a blessed day, as well! :)
Tony
What you do today is what matters!

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 01:30:51 PM »
The thing is, he is quite intelligent!  He knows and tells me he now has the knowledge regarding Type 2 - so I am very surprised to hear him say the glitz is over.  NOW, quite possibly he means... 'honeymoon is over' which doesn't mean the marriage is over.  So as I will stick to the FTS way, I think and hope and pray that he will, too. 

Umpa, his greatest challenge is bread.  He has been making bread for over 30 years.  He has it down to a science.  And, it is really good!  He will make at Christmas time over 30 loaves and give them out as Christmas gifts at work and I will take a few loaves for folks at work who love his bread.  This is his GREATEST challenge.  The texture of the bread, the smell of it toasting and the heaviness of it with butter on it or peanut butter.  I love it, too...but there are alternatives and I don't mind the change.  AND, hopefully he can make a few loaves here and there and alter them and stick in some dietary fiber such as millet and sesame seeds and then just control the intake.  I'll have to pass that thought by him.

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 04:17:44 PM »
I would present the challenge to him to get an alternative down to a science  ;D 

I can understand though...that is my hubs greatest challenge too!