Author Topic: New to Board  (Read 5289 times)

tsunamimom

• View Profile
    • Email
New to Board
« on: December 08, 2012, 05:37:05 PM »
Hi everyone.  I'm new to this board and thought I'd post a big HI!  I picked up Doug's book today and am excited to try this - well, I've tried everything else so what I have got to lose except a bunch of fat?
Glad to be here and look forward to getting to know you all.
All the best
Jo

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: New to Board
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:28:25 AM »
Welcome tsunamimom, you'll find this family to be incredibly supportive and caring. You new lifestyle will stick and you will lose your weight, it will also stay off. Visit and post often  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 11:08:54 AM »
Hi Jo welcome to the forum!!   ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 02:40:09 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Jo!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

The FTS lifestyle really works for those willing to work it.
When I say "work", I mean the transition from life long bad habits to healthy ones.
It's the mental change that requires effort.

The food is so good and you'll never need feel deprived since there are replacements for nearly every high carb food.

And not to mention the top flight support you have available on this forum.
We are dedicated at helping others get, and stay, healthy. 8)
You're gonna love it here! :)

Looking forward to hearing more about your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

moose61

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 07:06:09 PM »
Hi Jo,

Welcome.

Like Tony said, this way of eating is not really work. You learn what you can and can't eat, and learn how many excellent things there are that you can eat. It's really fun to try out new recipes and eat great food and lose weight. The best part is that you don't have to be hungry all the time like a low cal diet. That's why this isn't a diet, it's a whole new way of eating. A way that let's you be satisfied and happy instead of hungry and waiting for the moment you hit your goal to start eating wrong again.

You're gonna love this

Val Copeland

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »
Welcome to the board and to a new lifestyle. What is nice about eating this way is you can either keep it smple like steak and salad, or experiment with some of the delicious recipes here. I like trying new things and hope you do too, it makes it more fun to eat. / ;D
"Do something today that your future self will thank you for."

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: New to Board
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 07:39:21 AM »
Nice to meet you Jo !

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 09:08:40 AM »
Welcome Jo,

We can't wait to hear about your journey.  We are ALL here for you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »
welcome Jo! if I can help you please ask :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife. I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. You are gonna do great! ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 08:59:11 AM »
Welcome, Jo.  We love new friends.

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 04:26:41 PM »
Welcome!

mamateets

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 10:39:50 PM »
Hi Everyone, my name is Kori and I have just finished reading Dougs book and can't wait to get started!  I have had a quick look through some of the recipes and they all sound delicious.  We have different brands of foods here in Australia, so I am wondering if there is anyone else from Australia doing FTS that can help me with alternative brands to buy that are easily found here in the supermarket or health food store.  I look forward to any responses.  Thanks Doug for writing such a great, easy to read book, I appreciate it!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »
Welcome, Kori.

We do have another forum participant in Australia, Morgan, but she's on holiday right now. She will be back soon so help is on the way.  In the meantime, you can plan basic menus with protein (eggs, meat, poultry, fish) and low carb vegetables (see the lists in Doug's book) and you'll be off to a great start.

Don't forget to drink LOTS of water.  2 liters minimum per day.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 09:06:46 AM »
Welcome Kori! :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife .If I can help you please ask. I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite foods  to  fat to skinny friendly.We have quite a few members in australia,Morgan is the most vocal and the most fun! Just keep in simple,there are a ton of recipes on the homepage. It takes about two weeks to detox and then you are gonna feel great! Your energy level will go through the roof! ;)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 05:28:41 AM »
Hi Everyone, my name is Kori and I have just finished reading Dougs book and can't wait to get started!  I have had a quick look through some of the recipes and they all sound delicious.  We have different brands of foods here in Australia, so I am wondering if there is anyone else from Australia doing FTS that can help me with alternative brands to buy that are easily found here in the supermarket or health food store.  I look forward to any responses.  Thanks Doug for writing such a great, easy to read book, I appreciate it!
Hi Kori - welcome.  I'm from Australia also (Lismore rural Victoria).  Yeah it's a bit tricky getting stuff.  I buy a lot of stuff online.  There are a couple of Australian low carb online stores that I get my stuff from, also one American online store I frequent.  Shipping costs are the pain you have to bear though.  You can get some of the items from supermarkes/health stores depending on what you want.

Email me if you would like info on these stores.  Beware - our bacon and cream both have carbs unlike those in the States.  Our labelling is a bit different too.  If you have any questions, ask away - if I can help I will.