Author Topic: Stomach cramps  (Read 1606 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stomach cramps
« on: December 16, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
I must have been too smug when I  pretty much breezed through detox earlier this year when I decided to live the fts lifestyle - I only had cravings for bread and pasta and that was pretty much resolved when I discovered OMM.  Since I got back from holidays I have had such 'wonderful' stomach cramps and anything I seem to eat goes right through me. 

I decided that I would be strict with my eating (mainly proteins, no sweets or treats, minimum fruit and vegetables) to really shake the sugar off, and keep as low as I can carbwise, but owie owie owie  :(  Haven't had the headaches or serious cravings - I think about cake a lot though, but when I see it in shops I don't want it.

Had moments on Day 2 when I thought 'why don't I just chuck this in' it's easier to just do what everyone else is doing but just cut down.  (Even though I know that never worked for long.)   Had to give myself a mental shake and drink lots water to get through that one.  Let's face it, fts requires COMMITTMENT.

I know I did the sugar thing with cakes and other sweet stuff while away, but honestly didn't think I had overdone the carbs, but obviously this is my bugbear and my body just takes it on board and does not want to give it away.

Any suggestions for the 'owie'? 

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Stomach cramps
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:38:59 AM »
Ginger.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stomach cramps
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 09:10:59 AM »
I agree with Andrea. Ginger tea or ginger ale (sugarfree). I also like to chew on fresh ginger ;)