Author Topic: Are there any menu plans for this diet?  (Read 3370 times)

lynnecandco

• View Profile
    • Email
Are there any menu plans for this diet?
« on: December 23, 2012, 10:08:51 AM »
I would like to start this FTS program but was wondering if there is a sample menu to follow for a week or a month just to kick start me and help to guide me?

Does anyone have one or know where to find it?

shawn116

Re: Are there any menu plans for this diet?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum family lynnecandco

First let me ask...have you read the Fat To Skinny book?  There are lots of ideas in there to get you started.  If you spend some time reading...the forum offers some great info and recipes.  From the home page about half way down there is a board about Meal plans where folks will list their's to help keep them on track...You can get some great ideas from there too.  Here is that link:  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=32.0  Really though in the beginning it is so much easier to just stick with the basics.  Eggs, cheeses, nuts, lean proteins and veggies.  Be sure to include lots of fresh plain water to help flush everything and stay under 20 net carbs.  That's pretty much it. 

Be sure to come in and post often...accountability is a great help plus you get to hang out with some really awesome people.   ;D ;D 

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »
Welcome lynnnecandco  :)

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 05:14:10 PM »
Hey lynnecandco and welcome to the fts forum! We are like a family here and we help each other out! Definitely look at the meal plans board! I have found that when I post what I eat, including the portion sizes, it really helps me to stay on track! I do have to say that ice water really helps keep down the "hungries" when you're first starting! Drink lots (more than 64oz) of ice water especially when you feel hungry! There are a lot of eating habits that need to be broken in the beginning and eating just because it's time to eat, is one of them!!

You will do great!! Post often and we will support you in any way we can!
Most importantly, believe in yourself and persevere!!!
You can do this!!!   ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 08:41:15 AM »
Hi Lynn, welcome to the family :) There are many meal plans posted on the board twosweet led you to. Of course all you need to do is open your book, pick a breakfast, lunch and dinner of your choosing...can it be that easy? Yes it can  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 09:44:29 AM »
Welcome, lynnecandco.

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 12:33:10 PM »
Welcome to our ever growing family of ever shrinking people.

lynnecandco

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 12:52:26 PM »
Thank you everyone for that warm welcome. I did finish the book so I will look at that link. Can I eat any nuts such as Cashews and Macadamians? So for example can my breakfast be"

Tea with artifical sweeetner or instant coffee with those flavored creamers from the supermarket
2 eggs
slice cheese
Bacon

Lunch
salad with grilled protein and any dressing

Dinner
Grilled protein and vegetable with salad and dressing

Do I need to measure? I know I read 6oz but sometimes not sure if I am doing it correctly. 
I also saw recipes once I first get use to the basics.

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 06:10:25 PM »
Hi lynnecandco

I would stay away from the Cashews.  They are pretty high in carbs.  Most folks don't realize that they are legumes and not a nut at all...LOL  Also watch those creamers from the supermarket.  Most of them have lots of sugar.  Instead try some 0 carb  heavy whipping cream with some sugar free sweetener or those sugar free syrups (like Torani or Davinci) you find in the coffee isle.  I think even Walmart is carrying a few flavors now.  

Your menu sounds fine...just watch carb counts and the serving sizes on the products you are using.  Salads are notorious for holding more carbs than you realize.   It is always best to measure and/or weigh your food..... that way you know how many carbs to count.  Once you get the hang of things it will become second nature, but always be on guard because even us folks that have been FTSers for over a year can have carb creep.  Keep your proteins as close to 0 as you can that way you can get most of your carbs from your veggies and fiber sources.  "Proteins and leafy greens will keep you lean"   ;D  Throw away the idea of breakfast, lunch and dinner...just because everyone says it is time to eat doesn't mean that you should.  Only eat if you are truly hungry.  Once you get through detox you may find that you only want one to two meals with a few small snacks.  If you have any questions though post away...someone is always (lurking) I mean hanging around.   :D :D  Looks like you are off to a good start  ;D   Oh and don't forget that water  ;)   Drink lots of it.

Here is the USDA link to help you to look up the nutritional values of foods such as Cashews and Macadamias.   I can't tell you how often I use it.....It's been such a great help    ;)    http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:23:57 PM by TooSweet »

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 07:50:27 PM »
lynnecandco,

It is responses like TooSweet's and so many others that make this forum the incredibly invaluable resource that it is.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, lynnecandco!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

As you can see, we do care about one another and want us all to reach our goals.
Some of the most supportive folks on the planet are your fellow FTS family members.

And by all means, read Doug's book if you have not already done so.
That book is the foundation stone for all we do here.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your FTS journey to a new you! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 08:15:40 AM »
Welcome lynnecando! Keep it simple until you are out of detox which is about two weeks. There are plenty of recipes here on the homepage and in the books. If I can help you please ask :)

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 11:53:47 AM »
Hey Lynnecando! I have to post a little "warning" on here about the sugar free coffee syrups out there; if you drink a lot of coffee/decaf. like I do, you will want to use FTS Zero (just a few drops per cup) and 0 carb. heavy whipping cream instead! There are no sugar alcohols like in the store bought kinds of sf syrups and there's also no after taste!! Very good alternative that will not cause ANY problems!!

Good luck and post often! We're here to help and encourage you!!
 ;D