Author Topic: 7 months on FTS  (Read 5402 times)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
7 months on FTS
« on: January 06, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »
Hello Friends,
Friday made 7 months on my new journey with living healthy. Reflecting back I have made some great progress and can really say I am proud of myself. For starters just still being here and wanting to remain successful and healthy is an amazing feeling in itself. Like all of us, I have been on so many different diets in the past that have not been effective in the long run, and that I have fallen off after a very short period of time.  Secondly, I surely have had to dig deep especially the past few months during my 3 month plateau, and ven now my slow but steady weight loss. I have learned to be able to tell the difference between eating out of habit, boredem, excitement as compared to truly just eating when I am hungry. This is a triumph for me!!  Adding excercise , and adjusting my meals and really analyzing what I am ingesting to break my plateau was tough but boy did it teach my a lesson that I am still working on PATIENCE. Last weeks weigh in I gained .4lbs, I drank alot over the holiday break, and this week despite losing that 0.4lbs I did excercise 4 days this week but it was New Years and again I drank with friends and family. So I am willing to accept it, but would be lying if I say I was not disappointed and not losing more after so much activity this week. BUT onward and forward one day at a time. I physically feel amazing, I mentally am stronger than I was when I started and I feel empowered!  I would not have been able to do it without the support of this wonderful site and all the wonderful friends I have made. So thank you! Here's to another 28 successful weeks.  ;D

skychant

• View Profile
Re: 7 months on FTS
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 03:08:10 PM »
You are doing great.  As long as you view this as a lifestyle instead of a diet you will continue to be successful.  I can't wait to see how much I can lose in seven months,  probably a small person.  This is only my fourth day and I can already feel a difference in my energy level.  I wake up in the morning ready to go.  FTS is definately a God send.  Wishing you continued success as you get closer to your goal. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 03:38:32 PM »
Hi, Stephanie! :)

Life is full of setbacks and detours. That's just the way it is for all of us.

We will all have eaten (or drank) more we should have. And/or eaten (or drank) things we should not have.
It's what we do after that makes all the difference!

You're over half way to goal and making a BIG positive difference in your life! ;D ;D ;D
Be proud of what you've accomplished, and enjoy each and everyday the Good Lord gives you.
Keep your current attitude, and your success is assured! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »
Stephanie,

As I often read on this forum, this is a life long journey.  There will be ups and downs, and we can only trust that we will be successful in the long run.  I commend you for your ability and desire to stick to it.    Great Job.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
It's great to have you here, Steph.  Congratulations on all the changes you've made and keep up the good work.

And remember that plateaus and slow weight loss give your skin time to shrink as you lose weight.  This is not a small thing!

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 08:18:34 PM »
You are doing great Stephanie!!  I just want to throw this out there....muscle weighs more than fat....  you maybe seeing a fluctuation because of those changes too   ;)   You are rockin this girl  ;D

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 10:30:17 PM »
Keep going your doing great. :)
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 09:10:52 AM »
I'm proud of you Steph :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 09:01:56 PM »
THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU! IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!  ;D

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 12:26:33 AM »
Doin' well steph - congrats

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: 7 months on FTS
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 06:01:12 AM »
Keep riding this muscle car Stephanie. It will take you places. 8)