Author Topic: Crystal Light  (Read 5204 times)

Siltz

• View Profile
    • Email
Crystal Light
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:39:52 PM »
I know Crystal Light is sugar free.  Does it have any carbs?  It's my favorite water substitute besides Diet Mtn. Dew!  Can't live without that stuff.

While I'm here, Umpa do you have any recipes that call for wheat germ?  I have part of a bag in the fridge and hate to see it go to waste.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Crystal Light
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:04:09 PM »
If I recall even diet moutain dew has carbs? Check ur label on that...and cyrtal lite if carbs for sure....someone will chime in and let u know.... but I gave it up early on bc it was not worth it to drink my carbs ;D

shawn116

Re: Crystal Light
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 08:25:09 PM »
Just be careful with them....some aren't listed as 0 carbs and others list a single serving as 1/2 a little packet (seriously who uses 1/2 a pack???)  I feel it is just a ploy by the company.  If the serving is small enough and under 1 carb the company can list it as 0 carbs  That means if it is .99 carbs they can label it as 0  Or usually <1    :-\
I love crystal light myself but I only use them sparingly any more.  I count them as 1 carb each depending on which one I use.     My favorite to use these days are the MIO's  They use sucralose to sweeten them.  It is like using flavored zero  ;)

Hmmmm Doug, Umpa any chance of there being a flavored zero??  New FTS product  LOL

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:31:25 PM by TooSweet »

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »
Great INfo
Thamks :)
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

Siltz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 09:46:49 PM »
Just did a search on Diet Mtn. Dew.  No carbs!  Crystal Light has 1 per 8oz serving.  Considering I drink several times that in a day, it has to go!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 08:33:15 AM »
My answer to flavoring water is to put a "splash" of something in it. I find soda and crystal light as well as others to be way to sweet and strong for my tastes but I get board with just plain water. If you have an 8 ounce glass of Crystal Light mixed up simply keep it in the frige and drop a couple tablespoons from it into a large glass of water. It will seem weak to you at first but as time goes by you'll never be able to drink Crystal Light at full strength again. This way 1 serving (1 carb) will last all day.

I'm also famous for a squeeze of lime or lemon and a couple drops of FAT TO SKINNY Zero Sweetener in m water....YUM :) 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 09:22:03 AM »
I'm also famous for a squeeze of lime or lemon and a couple drops of FAT TO SKINNY Zero Sweetener in m water....YUM

That is my favorite these days too  :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 12:19:50 PM »
... While I'm here, Umpa do you have any recipes that call for wheat germ?  I have part of a bag in the fridge and hate to see it go to waste.
Hi, Siltz! :)

Sorry to tell you this, but I suggest you toss that bag of wheat germ.

According to the USDA, 1 cup of wheat germ has 44.37 grams net carbs!!! :o :o :o
See; http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/6308

If you want fiber and bulk that is 0 net carbs, I suggest oat fiber.
Here's where I buy mine; http://www4.netrition.com/lifesource_oat_fiber_page.html
This stuff is great to use in baking! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

MarkMoxom

• View Profile
    • LowCarb Mag
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 02:28:52 AM »
As I spent a lot of my time in Europe, mainly in France, Spain and the UK, I have become a great connoisseur of things like bottled water that comes directly from the source.

Obviously you have the two main types, fizzy and flat but in and amongst those, you have a whole range of waters that contain different proportions of different minerals. It just depends on what rocks they percolated through before they came up to the bottling plant and it surprises me how different these waters can taste one from another.

Another thing that's very popular in Europe are fruit teas and infusions. Now, we probably are all familiar with lemon tea but what about apricot tea, cherry tea and infusion of mint and licorice or even ginger and lychees. Many of these taste as good cold as they do hot.

So what am I saying here? Simply that we don't need to be limited to stuffs that comes in the bottle and is full of artificial sweetener and other things that we don't need just to enjoy something tasty to drink.

And you know a splash of lemon or lime in water doesn't necessarily need a sweetener. You'll very quickly get use to the refreshing taste particularly if it's iced cold.

Hope that helps,

Mark
Editor of LowCarb Mag
http://lowcarbmag.com/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 09:19:03 AM »
I make dog treats with wheat germ,peanut butter and honey.Mix and bake. Yorkies love them! Don't you eat them though ;)