Author Topic: Not hungry?  (Read 4559 times)

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
Not hungry?
« on: January 21, 2013, 07:44:08 PM »
Is it ok to skip meals if not hungry?  I notice I'm not really hungry and I may not be until the morning.  Ate a breakfast (was hungry) and a whey shake meal...chia and flax are filling with no carbs.  I'm not hungry.  Can I skip dinner if not hungry?  I assume I will be hungry later, but prob. not after that.  That is great.

shawn116

Re: Not hungry?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:03:32 PM »
Nope.....only eat if you are hungry  Listen to your body....it will tell you.    Most days I will eat 1 to 2 meals with maybe a snack in there somewhere.  Other days I may slip in extra snack.  And don't assume you will be hungry...just relax and let your tummy say  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 09:59:46 AM »
I love chia seeds they fill me up.They will also keep you from getting dehydrated. I agree with TooSweet.I only eat 2 meals a day and a snack about 3 oclock in the afternoon.You are doing great Marian ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:09:02 PM »
Hi, Marian! :)

NEVER eat when you're not hungry!
Besides the carbs, that's the primary reason we became FAT!

The one-size-fits-all concept of 3 meals a day at predetermined times, is all wrong.
As we go along in life, our bodies needs change.
It's our job to "listen" to our bodies so that we may care for them in the most healthful way.

As your body becomes accustomed to eating low carb, it will be much easier for you to tell when you're truly hungry and when your not.

You're doing great! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:25:52 PM »
Yay Marian!   Way to go!!  You sound so settled today.  :)  Just remember we are all in this together!!  .....and we are all here for each other too!   You can do this!

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 01:49:34 PM »
Thank you all so much.  I woke up today and I'm not hungry, in fact I feel lousy (in my gut too).  Must be due to detox?  I don't know.  Not going to eat with my gut this way.  I'll wait a while.  It's late in the day too, it's 11am.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 03:22:16 PM »
It's most likely detox.  Hang in there.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »
Thank you all so much.  I woke up today and I'm not hungry, in fact I feel lousy (in my gut too).  Must be due to detox?  I don't know.  Not going to eat with my gut this way.  I'll wait a while.  It's late in the day too, it's 11am.

Hi, Marian! :)

I too had serious tummy issues during detox.
The day after eating low carb yogurt, I felt fine! ;D
It might work for you, too!

I buy Kroger brand (CarbMaster).
But Dannon also has a low carb version that's more expensive.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 09:37:39 PM »
Ok, thank you!  I am truly not hungry today.  One reason is when I drink decaf coffee every day, which I tend to do, after a week or so, my gut gets ill from it!  I lose my appetite, but not in a good way.  Too bad, I have to keep cutting out coffee for a while.  Today I barely ate, BUT wasn't hungry so DID NOT eat!!!  I love that, that feels good to feel like you don't have to eat if you're not hungry instead of thinking you're doing something wrong!