Author Topic: First day and so weak!  (Read 4225 times)

APB2525

• View Profile
First day and so weak!
« on: January 21, 2013, 10:57:55 PM »
First day.  Kept carbs to 30.  I'm very weak and just down right mean!  When will this awful feeling go away?
My poor family!    ;D  Your stories and photos are so inspirational.  I want this to work for me, but these jittery and weak feelings are about to get the best of me.  Should I not go so drastic and decrease the carbs more slowly?
Thanks in advance for amy words of wisdom!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: First day and so weak!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 11:29:26 PM »
You are experiencing withdrawal from sugar.  It will go away but it could take a while.  Adding carbs will just make it last longer.  Add water and take a walk around the block.  There will be other suggestions but your body is giving you a hard time for not feeding it carbs.  You can do this.

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:08:36 AM »
Yep Andrea is right on  :)  Welcome to the forum family APB2525

Actually your carbs are a bit high for the FTS lifestyle.  See if you can get them down to at least 20 and drink plenty of water.  You'll get to feeling better.  Your detox shouldn't last more than 14 days but that is up to you to stick with it.  If you add more in it will prolong the detox. 

One thought....along with carbs usually is quite a bit more sodium with all the processed food we are used to feeding our bodies.  If you add in a little broth to increase your sodium again it may help.  Hang in there....it's well worth it.  You will feel great on the other end.   ;)

APB2525

• View Profile
first Day and so weak!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 08:01:46 AM »
Thank you, both!  Here we go again today!  I tried to stay at 20 yesterday and caved when I got so jittery.  I will grab some broth today and put on my walking shoes!  I was down 1.5 pounds this morning!
I appreciate your help!
Angie

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 08:58:07 AM »
Hi Angie, you are an addict just like the rest of us  :o  you are literally addicted to sugar just like some people are to drugs and alcohol. You are now going through a process to break that addiction and are experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Hang in there and be strong, they pass pretty quickly. Visit and post often  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 08:58:29 AM »
Congrats on the weight loss.  That will keep you motivated!  Chug as much water as you can and keep the faith.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »
 :D I can relate ! When I forget to eat I am wicked evil! :D :D APB2525 Welcome.If I can help you please ask.I am Umpa Dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where we convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.2 weeks and you will feel amazing! 10 year younger! Your family will get over it as they see you take control and get healthy.I love your sense of humor!Enjoy the forum :)

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 10:53:58 AM »
Congratulations on the 1 1/2 lbs gone Angie!!  Hang in there  ;)  Don't forget to take your measurements as well.  Sometime when the weight isn't moving the inches are.  You'll be glad to have something to compare it to  :)  Keep on truckin girl!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 12:26:10 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Angie!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Like Doug said, we're "sugar" addicts.

My wife said I was a miserable grump when I was going through sugar detox.
I also had some uncomfortable tummy problems. Low carb yogurt fixed that!
But I new the day I got passed it.... My energy levels skyrocketed and I felt fantastic! ;D
My wife was much happier, too! ;)

During detox (and after), drink as much PLAIN water as you can (64+ ounces a day).
It helps the body flush out toxins partly responsible for the detox feelings.
It also aids in the weight loss process.

Also, be sure to get a full night's sleep every night.
A number of us have found that insufficient sleep can slow our progress.

Hang in there Angie!... You're going to be so happy you did! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

MarkMoxom

• View Profile
    • LowCarb Mag
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 10:31:31 PM »
Hi Angie and welcome!

The advice that the others have given on this page is something that you should be sure to follow. I would particularly take notice of TooSweet's advice to take a bit more salt and to make sure you drink a lot more than usual.

The salt would ensure that your electrolyte levels don't go too far out of whack and drinking water will help you to detox more quickly, as well getting a lot more exercise simply because the more exercise that you can get particularly if it makes you sweat a little will increase the rate that your body processes the sugar out of your system, so to speak.

But do know one thing, you're not alone; we've all been through it and the feeling that you get in your body when it comes to an end is absolutely marvelous.

Cheers,

Mark
Editor of LowCarb Mag
http://lowcarbmag.com/

APB2525

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 11:08:27 PM »
Wow!  What a great group of people here!  Thanks for all of the support!
Well, the chicken broth did the trick!  What a difference! Drank it like a cup of tea.  :)
I have been on many support forums in the past for everything known to man, but you guys are the best!!!
I'm hanging around!
Angie

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 09:12:06 AM »
Hi Angie!  Welcome to the family!  When I was detoxing, I seriously felt achy kind of like I had the flu or something!  My arms and legs just felt weak.  So glad you found us here at the forum.  You are going to love it here!!  ;D   

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: First day and so weak!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 06:44:58 PM »
Welcome :)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »
Go Angie! You can do this!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/