Author Topic: Chips/Crackers to use for dips (Too Easy)  (Read 4084 times)

beth-bill

• View Profile
Chips/Crackers to use for dips (Too Easy)
« on: February 09, 2013, 10:03:26 PM »
I discovered "Joseph's" Flax, Oat Bran & Wheat Pita Bread.  Each pita has 4 net carbs.  They come in 2 sizes, I find the larger size to be more efficient.  They are soft when in the package, but when toasted they get crispy.  I use scissors to trim the very edge away to open up into two separate circles, then toast lightly (try different settings, I use light to med), while the pita is still hot, use scissors to cut up into small cracker sized pieces.  they cool down and get crispy very quickly.  One whole pita will make about 20 toasted crackers and the total carb count is 4. 

"Joseph's" Flax, Oat Bran & Wheat Pita Bread is great for pita sandwiches.  Use 1/2 a pita for one sandwich, 2 net carbs.  Could also be used for sandwich wraps by cutting edges off with scissors to open up into two circles.

NOT GLuten free.

I found this pita bread at the grocery story (Publix in Florida).  They also have a website. 

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chips/Crackers to use for dips (Too Easy)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:03:13 PM »
LOVE Joseph's!!!  We use Joseph's pita pockets (1/2 pocket =2 carbs) every day for sandwiches (because the pockets are really, really thin/rip easily) we place the one-half pocket upside-down over a coffee mug and nuke 30 seconds to firm-up); scrambled eggs/omelet w/ crispy bacon and salsa in pocket for breakfast; and pockets/lavash bread for pizza crust (I luv broc/provolone/alfredo sauce pizza).

We use their flat/lavash bread for wraps; and for crackers (place bread on a parchment-lined sheet pan -  to both sides, brush w/garlic oil, sprinkle Italian seasoning, rosemary, and parm cheese, cut into cracker size - bake 400 for 4 min, flip , and bake another 4 min. or until brown and crispy - keep an eye on them as they can burn easily!! sooo good with cheese slices!!)

I get Joseph's @ Walmart  Super (because they are always out OR they forget to re-order,  I have them order me a case - I can purchase as many pkgs as I want out of the case, but usually purchase the whole case if I have room in the freezer...)  After MONTHS  of trying to get our local Publix to order them... they finally ordered them, but they can't keep them in stock!!  Joseph's can also be order on Netrition.com

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 08:03:08 PM »
HI, romarc! :)

You've been missed around here!
How are you doing?

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:20:15 AM »
Hi Romarc! Nice to see you again!I love Josephs too ;)

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:04:30 AM »
Romarc I love the pitas and lavash too  :)

Here is a post I made about using the lavash as a cold cereal.  Yummy!  ;D  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4898.45

Speaking of lavish.....(I also buy mine from Walmart  ;) )  I tried something new with it today.  I was really hungry for a crunchy cereal....Lord knows why  Cool  It's cold here Ha!  I soaked one for about 15 minutes in Torani's sf french vanilla syrup.  Cut into small pieces and sprinkled with cinnamon.  I sprayed some parchment paper with cooking spray, laid them out in a single layer and sprayed the tops.  I baked these at 325 for about 15 minutes to crisp up.  (keep an eye out because they can burn quickly)  Half a lavish = 4 net carbs.  I threw mine in a bowl and added my sf almond milk (I like to use the Silk brand at 0 net carbs per serving).  Reminded me of Cinnamon Toast Crunch....... Pretty tasty   ;D ;D ;D   Just wanting something different than eggs this morning   ;)

I get so disappointed when my Walmart is out  :'(  Haha
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:06:22 AM by TooSweet »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 10:23:42 AM »
I had forgotten that recipe :) They freeze beautifully TooSweet ;)