Author Topic: Hamburger/Sandwich Buns  (Read 5043 times)

Shoelace

Hamburger/Sandwich Buns
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:51:07 PM »
These are made in a muffin top pan, the pan with 6 large wells.  It is the perfect size for a hamburger bun.

I keep a bag of coarsely chopped (regular) pork rinds in the freezer, and when I want to make buns, I measure out the 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons worth and grind them into a flour in the food processor or coffee grinder.  Be sure to measure before grinding into a flour instead of after or you will be using too much pork rind flour and it won't come out right.

Hamburger Buns (makes 6)

1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pork rinds
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
sweetener to equal 4 teaspoons of sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Use coconut oil to grease the wells of a muffin top pan.  Grind the pork rinds into a flour.

In a small bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.  In another small bowl, use a fork to beat together the remaining ingredients.  Stir in 1/2 of the dry ingredients until smooth, then the other half.

Divide the batter between the 6 wells and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.  Remove from the pan at once, cool on a rack, then slice like a hamburger bun.

I always make a double batch and place 2 in each small freezer bag and store in the freezer.  When ready to use one, let it defrost or microwave 25 to 30 seconds to defrost it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:07:46 PM by Shoelace »

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hamburger/Sandwich Buns
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »
Awesome !

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Hamburger/Sandwich Buns
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 09:28:28 AM »
This is a terrific recipe for buns :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)