Author Topic: Just getting started, and I'm TERRIFIED!  (Read 11627 times)

Mrs.T

• View Profile
Just getting started, and I'm TERRIFIED!
« on: February 21, 2013, 01:46:55 PM »
Hello!
Wow, where to begin.
I'm only 20 years old, and I weight 250 lbs.  :( Like most of you, I've tried just about all the diets that are out there. I've seen my family lose weight, and gain, lose weight again, and obsess over it. So much so that it's driven some of them to depression! I've finally realized that the main reason I've never been successful, is that I'm AFRAID to be successful. Afraid to lose weight and gain it back, afraid that eating right will consume my life so much that I'll be miserable. These are very real fears for me, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I grew up a "fat" kid, who lived with "fat" parents and "fat" siblings. I've watched my mom go from 300 lbs, to 140 lbs, and then back up to 250 lbs. I watched my sister go anorexic, and start losing her hair, then in a matter of months, gain all her weight back. I've watched my brother (just turned 16) who weighs more than I do, deal with the teasing, and being picked on every day. I AM TERRIFIED....and yet, I want it SO bad. I'm too young to be this fat. My life has hardly begun. I recently got married (to the man of my dreams) and he too, struggles with weight. We've only been married for two months now, and already we have half as much energy as we did while we were dating. Mainly due to the fact that we've each gained about 40 pounds since we got engaged.

My husband and I were in Barnes and Nobles the other day, and I came across the FAT to SKINNY book (those bright colors sure help to be noticed!) I purchased the book, and have been reading it since. The facts about sugars, and carbs I know already (I'm pretty sure I could qualify as a nutritionist!) but what really stuck out was the testimonies! I couldn't believe everywhere I read huge amounts of weight were being dropped in a matter of months. I want this! So dear people on this wonderful forum, how on earth do I get over my fear of failure, and move to push forward?

Sincerely to all,
Mrs.T 

shawn116

Re: Just getting started, and I'm TERRIFIED!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 03:42:43 PM »
Hi Mrs.T  Welcome to the forum  :)    Trust me here when I say you are not alone in your fears.  You have come to a place where everyone was pretty much in the same place.  I say what do you have to lose but a little time and weight??  Tell yourself you will give it your all, 100% and see what happens.  Do come in to the forum often though...it is a great tool for blowing off some stress getting great ideas, recipes, info and support.  I think after a short while you will see that the being obsessed part was with your lifestyle you have now.  Always thinking about your weight, what you are eating and feeling guilty about what you have eaten.  This was me....all my life....now I can finally relax and know that the knowledge I now have can free me from worrying that what I am eating is the wrong thing.  You can do this  ;D   We are all here in this together  ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:53:36 PM by TooSweet »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »
Hello MrsT, let me first say welcome to our family  :) Next let me tell you we don't know you but we already love and care for you. Your fears will avail as you and your husband put into action the methods in your FAT TO SKINNY book. I promise you for the first time in your young life you have found the ABSOLUTE truth about how we as human beings actually create fat cells and how to lose them forever and keep them away. All of this while eating great and losing weight. Trust your new family we are all here for you.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Just getting started, and I'm TERRIFIED!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 07:58:20 PM »
Welcome Mrs.T! ;D
You have come to the right place. Take that fear and use that energy you use for it and use it toward being successful in your new life journey. All of us have felt the way you have and once you start seeing the results and how good you feel you will not turn back! ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 09:03:31 PM »
Welcome Mrs T and I hope Mr T is joining you on this journey. 

I have a couple of observations for you.  First, you described a family history of DIETS.  FTS is a way of life.  We use this way of eating to lose weight and get healthier and then we continue with this lifestyle because it allows us to stay healthy and maintain our weights at a healthy level.  Second, two months into married life, you and your husband have an opportunity to make this healthy choice together and reinforce the decision by the way you make choices and see success.  There are plateaus in every weight loss journey but you and Mr T will be in the best possible place to handle what comes your way.  You will also be able to support one another when the family takes aim at your choices.  I suspect their ups and downs in their own weight loss attempts will make the skeptical of your successes.  You can have each other's backs

Congratulations to both of you!

Mrs.T

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 10:42:37 AM »
Thank you everyone for your encouragement! I'm feeling the love.  :-*

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 11:37:23 AM »
We really do care, Mrs. T! :)

We've been where you are now and understand your fears.

I'm 61 years old and have been "overweight" (obese) most all my life.
I too tried most every fad and gimmick diet to lose weight, only to put on more weight.
I was truly scared for my life!... I did not know how much longer I would be with my family.

Before I started FTS about two and half years ago, I thought I would die a type II diabetic in a few years.
If it weren't for FTS, I likely would have.
The FTS lifestyle saved my life!!! :) :) :) :) :)

FTS cured my diabetes, reduced my blood pressure to normal range, and fixed my cholesterol and triglycerides.
Plus... I have more energy now than I've had in decades! ;D ;D ;D
I can actually keep up with my sons (ages 27 and 32).

Stick with us, and we'll help you get healthy and energetic too! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Mrs.T

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
Wow Tony! That is amazing. I'm so happy for you!
I'm a full time nanny to three kids under the age of 3, and I feel so bad when they ask to play, and I can't join them because I simply don't have the energy! I'm already feeling more energetic, and the kids can tell. It's awesome!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 01:23:18 PM »
Welcome MrsT!  :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife . If I can help you please ask.You and your family are going to do great! The reason Fat to Skinny works so well is that we break the cycle.We don't remove foods we replace them.That way there are no foods to add back in after you lose the weight to make you gain weight back.Cycle broken. ;)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 04:02:03 AM »
I'm with you on that and I have dealt with obesity too and have been afraid of success so you're heading in the right direction being part of this community and doing what Doug says in his book. You will conquer your fear and you will lose the weight. 8)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 05:07:39 AM »
Hello and welcome jay12  :D

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 05:40:10 AM »
Thank you so much. You're loving and kind in greeting me. Thank you

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 12:29:21 PM »
Jay Morgan is in Australia :) We have forum members from all around the world :)we are making the earth a lighter planet! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 01:00:42 PM »
... we are making the earth a lighter planet! :D

I just hope that it doesn't start spinning any faster... The days pass too fast as it is! :o :o :o

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Mrs.T

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 07:05:12 PM »
Thank you Jay12, and welcome as well!