Author Topic: I need some feedback  (Read 4527 times)

Rhonnie1965

• View Profile
    • facebook page
I need some feedback
« on: March 08, 2013, 02:59:05 PM »
Hi everyone.  I'm going to try and keep this simple.  Sometimes I ramble  (apology in advance :Dweight loss has been pretty good.  Last Sunday, it stalled.  that lasted until Wednesday.  I reread Doug's book and read a lot on the forum here.  I went back over what I had been eating and realized that I was still not drinking enough water, nor was I actually eating enough food.  I thought, that's crazy.  I should still be losing weight.  Anyway, I also had not been taking my multi vitamin.  So Wed. night, I started increasing my water, ate a little more and took a vitamin.  (mulit)  the next day the weight was down.  cool.  I've been keeping that up everyday.  For the last two days, I have had a huge dizzy spell.  I never have those.  Well, can't say that anymore lol.  But it's not about the weight for me anymore.  It's about my health.   I was sitting down when the dizziness started and the room just rocked for about a solid minute.  (that's a long minute when that happens).  Also slight pain in the gallbladder area.  That went away.  it's the dizzy spells that are concerning me.  Any advice?  has anyone else had this?  Thanks for any input.  It's very much appreciated.  Not expecting medical advice, just seeing if anyone knows of any reason why this could be happening, if due to anything lacking that I should be taking in.  :)

jetfan

• View Profile
Re: I need some feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 06:47:41 PM »
HI ,
I never had that issue, but I do get dizzy when my sinus's her acting up. Hope you feel better.
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

Rhonnie1965

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 07:46:45 PM »
thanks jetfan.  I did read online today that dehydration could cause dizziness.  Maybe that's it?..drinking a lot more now :) lol

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 08:59:06 AM »
It is also a sign of detox.The multivitamin will help ;)

Rhonnie1965

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »
ty umpa!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 10:11:28 AM »
Rhonnie, do you take any medications?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: I need some feedback
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 02:13:21 AM »
It's also a sign that you need to eat some more since your blood sugar might be too low for the lack of eating.

Rhonnie1965

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 07:58:49 AM »
Doug - I sure don't.  I'm not on any med at all. 

Jetfan - i didin't think of that. 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 08:30:49 AM »
To test jetfans theory be prepared to take in some sugar the next time you get a dizzy attack. You can buy some glucose tablets from the drug store and keep them in your purse. When you get dizzy again, sit down and take one...see what happens.

Rhonnie1965

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 08:34:16 AM »
thank you Doug, I'll do that.  Thank the Lord, I didn't get one dizzy spell yesterday.  I made sure I ate more and drank enough water.  I'll still buy the tablets and keep them on hand in case that happens again. 

My apologies Jay12.  I didn't mean to call you by the wrong name.  forgive?  hugs :) 

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »
Just a thought.....if you have increased your aspartame intake that can do it.  (like drinking diet drinks and such)  My mother always gets dizzy if she consumes to much of that.  She would say it was like the room would spin on her.  Sometimes even with having just a little.  It seems to build up in you system after a while.  It's amazing how many products have it these days too.  Even the one's that claim they are sweetened with splenda....many of them also add other sweeteners in as well  :-\   You have to be careful and read those labels. 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 02:23:13 PM »
Same with me TooSweet, headaches as well. I quit them years ago. Now my homemade soda is club soda, zero and lime :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 03:22:57 PM »
Hi, Rhonnie! :)

Sodium (salt) deficiency can cause dizziness, especially if we drink lots of water (as we should).

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Rhonnie1965

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 09:52:15 PM »
thanks toosweet.  I did not know that!  I have been drinking more of them.  Mostly DietRite, but there have been some diet sprite (my fav).  And I haven't been drinking any since i increased my water.  something else to watch.  thank you as well tony.  it might seem like a lot to watch out for, but it really isn't that hard to.  i don't eat and graze all day like the "old days" now.   So i'll look out for how much salt or how little i actually take in. 

I appreciate everyone helping me.  hugs to all ya'll!!

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 10:54:06 PM »
Tony has a good point too.   :)  When we start to eat better especially sticking to FTS rules you aren't eating the processed stuff that your body is used to.  The sodium intake for most folks drops considerably.  An easy way to test that is when you are feeling that way again....drink some broth of some sort and see if it makes you feel better.   In any case I hope you feel better soon  ;)