Author Topic: Moment of Crisis  (Read 3741 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Moment of Crisis
« on: March 12, 2013, 11:12:11 PM »
Honestly, sometimes I think it is just me that has these.  No one else seems to post about them.  It all started about a week ago when I went shopping with a friend and we stopped for coffee.   Me with my black coffee  (cream and a bit of cheese from home and believe me I'm tired of having to take stuff with me) and her with her milk coffee and donut (well actually 4 cream donuts as they were a special cos it was the end of the day. No she didn't eat all 4 at the time, only one).  Now the point was that I rarely ate a cream donut when I wasn't on fts but I wanted one, I was imagining myself flying across the table and snatching it out of her hand - I had to laugh at myself. Then yesterday we were out shopping all day and stopped for lunch.  At an IKEA store - I don't know if you have those in the States - the food is basically premade.  The worst choices were the cheapest and the better choices more expensive, lots cheap desserts/cakes.  (I ended up with a small piece of cold chicken with tomato, cucumber, lettuce salad and coffee.) That peeved me truly.  She had junk food and cost heaps less than mine. And remembering all the times I have difficulty getting what I want.  You may have co-operative places in the States, but here is seems if it's not on the menu - tough cookies.  For example - you cant get bacon and eggs if you order after breakfast time (I mean how hard is that - it is a menu item for pete's sake), ordered a chicken salad and asked for the balsamic dressing separately - took me 5 mins to explain that to the person taking the orders who then spent 5 mins asking the kitchen if they could do that and then he had to send a waitress into the kitchen not to mention no-one has cream for coffee, I usually bring along my own.  And if someone suggests I have black coffee I'm libel to slap them at the moment.

I sat on the couch today and was thinking of all the things I gave up (and the #@&@#&%& weight still doesn't shift) and the changes I have made on this journey and wondered whether it was worth it. 

Pros & cons went through my mind.  What would I eat? The weight still has to go, I have to be healthier.  Would I return to cakes and chocolates, milk, fruit, but just cut down?  Be more conventional?  Would I start on the low fat course again?  Too many questions - I'm tired of it all. Maybe I'm just tired.  I just don't look at bread, jam, cakes etc like I used to.  Fts is the better way I know, but man it has its moments.

Thanks for listening.  Sorry to be a drag.

shawn116

Re: Moment of Crisis
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:57:05 AM »
Everyone has their moments Morgan.  I'm just sorry you are having such a tough time at it.   :(  You are right, it does get frustrating sometimes but I think back to how I felt when I was eating my old way and I just keep going.  one foot in front of the other.   Lord....I don't think I could go back to eating that way and feeling sick all the time.   Hang in there girl...I just know your plateau will break soon.   We are here to listen anytime you need to rant though  ;) 

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 09:28:06 AM »
I understand.
I either drink my coffee black, or carry my own cream. Another option is unsweetened coconut milk.
As for the salad, just ask for oil, and vinegar. I would 'nt look at what others are eating, it is scary.
1. Last  weekend we had two. guests stay at our home. I Could not believe the amounts of food they consume.
2. Breakfast for them: Two sausage eggs toast, and then cake. ME two eggs two sausage. Coffee.
Three hours later. Them:  Giant sandwich, meat cheese chips, cake. ME nothing was not hungry.
Four hours later, Them: Two servings each pasta, meatballs, bread, soda and yes more CAKE. ME: Fried flax fish, with Cole slaw.
Before bed They ate chips, cake, cookies milk  and soda. ME pork rinds while watching a movie.
And now for the toilet paper: WE went through, four rolls, yes (4) rolls of toilet paper, in two days. The fumes were so bad, in the bathroom  had to open windows, spray, and leave two giant deodorizers in room.
What does this all mean? The guest were poisoning themselves like a typical American family
AS for me I stay on FTS and stay healthy. When they left my home I saved a lot of toilet paper.
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »
Hi Morgan, you're not a drag, this is what our support forum is all about... Support!  Look I get it BUT you've lost over 40 pounds, you feel great, your energy is high and you are becoming much more healthy. If you switch back to any other program you mentioned in your post you will gain back every pound...then where will you be?

Remember this post? http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4612.msg46884#msg46884  This was 7 months ago. Please review it and I'd be curious, since that post 7 months ago how much weight did you drop?

Here's a link to a low carb on-line store in Australia- http://lowcarbcentral.com.au/low-carb-shop.html They sell Coffeemate non dairy sugar free creamer. If they can get you the original Coffeemate powder it's .7 carbs per teaspoon, In the past I've found 1/2 teaspoon does the job quite nicely.

Hang in there, Aussie's are a tough breed!

Is That a Knife  
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 09:38:04 AM »
Wow Jetfan.  I needed a good laugh this morning.  Thanks man.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 12:36:05 PM »
Hello, Morgan! :)

Our minds can be our best friends or our worst enemies.
We all have desires. Sometimes good, and sometimes not so good.
And through time, we CAN train our minds to work in our best interests the vast majority of the time.

My dear Morgan, you've been focusing too much on food, and all those poisonous things that will damage your health.
By thinking about the perceived "good" in them, you're making it harder on yourself to resist.
If you train your mind to think of ALL that junk as poison, after a while, the desire will subside even when some is being consumed in your presence.

And, giving the scale number too much importance will only compound the issue.
The weight loss is really a fringe benefit... A "symptom" of better health.

When you said;
"Pros & cons went through my mind.  What would I eat? The weight still has to go, I have to be healthier. ..."
That should have been the end of the pros & cons.
Our health is the most important thing we have!... We MUST protect it!
Just remember that it's possible to lose it and NEVER regain it!  That 's a BIG deal!
So when you think about your FTS lifestyle and compare it to the way of eating around you, keep that in mind!

You can do this, Morgan! :) :) :)
Just avoid self-sabotage by using your mind to your benefit!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 12:50:28 PM »
Gotta , have a chuckle sometimes.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 01:37:03 PM »
Hang in there Morgan. We are all in this together.  I can't remember, but I sure hope you have tired the One minute muffins.   I just LOVE them.  I am telling you, when I have my chocolate OMM with a big cup of coffee with a splash of flavored sugar free creamer....no reason to think about a doughnut.  When I cook it here at my office, it makes the place smell like a hot chocolate POUND CAKE coming out of the oven.  ;D  I've played with the OMM recipe til I have it JUST the way I like it. (Also the spice muffin topped with cream cheese is amazing.)     

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 01:46:56 PM »
Morgan we all do that! It's just part of the process. With getting healthy sometimes you have to make the tough decisions. Sure you can go back to donuts, but is that really the person you want to be? When I need a fix for something sweet I hit the Russell Stover Sugar Free candy. Yummy and it tastes like regular candy to me. Also, try the recipe for cheesecake. It's easy and yummy, we make it without the crust to save on carbs. My husband recently made a banana fosters version of it for me that was to DYE for! OMG so good and I of course covered it with SF no carb whipped cream. We have lots of alternatives in our recipe area, and we get to eat all those goodies and still lose weight. Hang in there, it does get easier.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 04:36:23 AM »
Hi Morgan, you're not a drag, this is what our support forum is all about... Support!  Look I get it BUT you've lost over 40 pounds, you feel great, your energy is high and you are becoming much more healthy. If you switch back to any other program you mentioned in your post you will gain back every pound...then where will you be?

Remember this post? http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4612.msg46884#msg46884  This was 7 months ago. Please review it and I'd be curious, since that post 7 months ago how much weight did you drop?

Here's a link to a low carb on-line store in Australia- http://lowcarbcentral.com.au/low-carb-shop.html They sell Coffeemate non dairy sugar free creamer. If they can get you the original Coffeemate powder it's .7 carbs per teaspoon, In the past I've found 1/2 teaspoon does the job quite nicely.

Hang in there, Aussie's are a tough breed!

Is That a Knife  

Lowcarbcentral is a site I have an account with.  They do have low carb coffeemate (flavoured at 2c/4g).  The original coffeemate they have in the supermarket at 2.1/4g.  Seems too many carbs/what you get to me.

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 05:10:11 AM »
Hi Morgan -- good for you for getting on here and saying what you want and need to say.  Sometimes it is frustrating....I carry a huge ice chest to work because that's where I am for a 10 hour shift....and today bought a little one to cart around just enough safe food like boiled eggs, cheese stick, etc, to keep me on FTS when I get caught out where there is nothing I can eat except what I brought......

And yes it's hard sometimes to see what others are eating....my partner at work the other night ate a banana in front of me....i could smell it.....

BUT as mouse said, we just have to put "food blinders" on at times.....try thinking about "food blinders" when you get frustrated or discouraged.....I agree though, it's hard sometimes......and maybe you need to explore some new recipes???

I just had a little piece of home made cheesecake that really rang my chimes tonight. 

Hang in there gal, and always come on here and say what you need to.....we're all here for each other.

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Moment of Crisis
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 12:15:49 AM »
That is why we are here for to hear you out ;)