Author Topic: New numbers to look at....  (Read 6427 times)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
New numbers to look at....
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:18:16 PM »
The sweet darling electronic box on the floor this morning blessed me with a "269.5" in its little window............
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY happy FTS dance.....

I now have all of my walk-in closet in the living room spread out on a pool table and dining room table....I've been trying on clothes and making piles of.

1.  Too big -- send to salvation army. (my 3x's and 24's).

2.  Can wear now, launder because they are dusty from years of sitting in back of closet....SOME OF these have price tags on, since I am the queen of buying something on sale that "will look great if I just lose 10 pounds" (but I was always gaining -- thus the clothes were never worn).  i even found underwear smaller WITH TAGS ON, that i had bought on sale at lane bryant....Also, for instance, there is one outfit that is adorable, top, skirt that are flowered with coordinating soft green color in slacks and jacket........and bought that to wear to my son's baptism when he was 12......he's now almost 23....oy vey

3.  Can wear soon -- "WHEN I LOSE 10 POUNDS!!!!"  ROFL ROFL ROFL....well actually I'll be able to start wearing them somewhere after probably 5 pounds...it's close, but I don't like to wear tight clothes at all....

4.  Can wear when I lose about 20 pounds....putting those in a rubbermaid tub for probably summer, maybe fall even, can wear a lot of those into fall.....Those are size 22's that are a SMALL 22.....you know how manufacturers sometimes run small, etc.

5.  Another rubbermaid tub of clothes that are 20's, 18's, 16's....some of those with price tags also....

I have shirts, tops, slacks, jackets, AND THREE RAIN COATS from 3X-26 size down to 16....wooohoooo...

So I'm set for clothes for this project until size 14...then I'll get to shop  :-)

Anyway..........269.5 is the good news.  More than the number on that electronic square box on the floor, my focus still is that I know every day, day in,  day out, no matter what I am doing, or where I am, I am staying on track with very few mistakes....and that is empowering....

Looking forward to the minute I next see the 250's....if I just stay on track, I'll get there....

******FTS TEAM HUG*******

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New numbers to look at....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »
YEAH!!!!!!! HOTCHICK DANCE! HUGZ

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 12:32:33 PM »
That is so awesome!!!!!  Donin the happy dance  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 05:34:45 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  HOORAY, Elizabeth!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's amazing how many clothes we can acquire while accommodating a body whose size goes up over the years!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »
Keep going the world is yours. :D
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: New numbers to look at....
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »
Wow that's awesome ! 8)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 11:45:12 PM »
Thanks buddies -- well one day is a small victory -- and tonight I'm huddled in my room with a remote control -- begged hub and son to pile furniture outside the bedroom door and not let me out until my attitude is better -- tonight I want to eat the house!!

Soooooo maybe some Duck Dynasty, and going to bed early will solve the cravings.....

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:02:00 AM by Elizabeth779 »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 09:15:27 AM »
I LOVE DUCK DYNASTY!!! i LOVE UNCLE SIGH!! :D
Are you still detoxing ? Sounds like you need to eat something(no McDonalds) :)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: New numbers to look at....
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 09:31:12 AM »
Awesome job liz!!!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 11:31:45 AM »
Keep up the great healthy eating Elizabeth!
My mother passed away in 2007 and I've had some of her size 10-12 clothes tucked away in the closet since then.
I about had tears in my eyes when suddenly one I noticed I was out of clothes to wear and pulled them out of the closet and half of them fit!!! Now they all fit. I'm wearing her high waisted, tapered leg Gloria Vanderbilt jeans in my Before & After photo.
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3001.msg55337#msg55337
I was excited to read how you got our your clothes. They are so motivating when you are close to being able to wear them.

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 06:11:40 PM »
Wow Susie you look GREAT!  Such a sweet sweet story about your mom's clothes.  It's so interesting how we remember those we love and were close to.  I put in a garden last night, and the first thing planted was dianthus (sp?)  My dear grandmother called them "pinks" and I just think of her every time I look at them.  She was a gardener -- she could have made a rock sprout roots and grow if she had wanted to. 

I've lost another 10 pounds and am now down to TWO FIFTY NINE!!!!!!   YAYYYY!!!

Who would have thought it would make me so happy to be 259???  But I gained this weight one fat cell at a time, and that's how I'm losing it now:  One fat cell at a time! 

I put in a vegetable garden last night (with LOADS of DH's help!)  This is VERY late graden for this area, but at least it's in. 

I'm going to see doc next week and he will be thrilled I've lost 40 pounds now.  I'll be getting my blood work done also, and can hardly wait to see that. 

Well.....gotta get things done and then get to baking my first trial and oopsie rolls, revolution rolls AND CHEESEcake.  Who would have thought I would lose 10 pounds a month having cheesecake, berries and whipped cream??? 

FTS Team Hug!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 12:54:07 AM »
WooHoo Elizabeth!!! You are doing so great! I am sooooo happy for you!!
(ty for compliment, btw)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 07:48:09 AM »
I'm smiling for you Elizabeth!  ;D ;D ;D
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »
Outstanding, Elizabeth!!! :) :) :) :) :)

I'm thrilled that you are getting healthier and healthier every day! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 09:26:24 AM »
You are doing great Elizabeth!!!! I love my cheesecakes!! ;)