Author Topic: Need help!  (Read 7419 times)

punkynpye

• View Profile
    • Email
Need help!
« on: April 07, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »
I'm new to Fat to Skinny and I'm really anxious to get started. I know this may sound ridiculous but I don't
Know where to start. I think that I'm confusing Fat to Skinny with Atkins (although there are some similarities). The only meal that I feel good about is breakfast because
It'll be the same everyday (bacon and eggs). Am I able to use Atkins products or should I do away with them all together? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Need help!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:54:50 PM »
Welcome to our group and family. We are happy to happy to have you here and we are here to help you in your journey. Let me ask you, have you read the fat to skinny book and understand the simple but unerring principles of how your body burns fat? If you haven't I would recommended that you do, so that you understand how to achieve success in your  losing weight and achieving good health. You will hear from the rest of the family members here and be ready, we're a bunch of warm and happy people and they will make you feel at home and share their experiences with you.
And of course you will hear from our fearless and great leader Doug Varrieur and Umpa (his wife) and they will surely will make you feel at home and share their vast knowledge with you. I would strongly recommend that you read fat to skinny so that you can understand what this group is about.  
Jay 8)::)

jetfan

• View Profile
Re: Need help!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 08:57:51 PM »
just keep carb intake at 20 max per day, and the weight will blast off good luck.
High protein low carb.
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

punkynpye

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »
Thank you both for responding! I have the book but have to admit I didn't read it in it's entirety. That's my plan for the next day or so. Thanks again for the welcome! I'm looking forward to getting rid of this weight :)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Need help!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:29:22 PM »
We're here cheering you on!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »
Welcome punkynpye! :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.The difference between Atkins and Fat to Skinny is we don't remove foods we replace them.That way there are no foods to add back in after you lose the weight to make you gain the weight back.Cycle broken. Atkins food products contain alot of sugar alcohols which are hard on the tummy and make some people stall.The home page is full of great recipes and so are the Fat to Skinny Bakery Book and Cookbooks.I also have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Come join us you have nothing to lose but weight ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 12:10:17 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, punkynpye!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Please do finish reading the book.

And when you're done, cruise around our forum's recipe sections.
You'll be amazed at all the REALLY GOOD and easy recipes you'll find! ;D

Like Umpa said, by replacing the high-carb junk we used to eat, we can keep our weight off.
I've been living the FTS lifestyle for about 2.5 years, and LOVE it! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 02:06:25 PM »
I need help in posting a picture.  I downloaded the posting photos, but still can't do it.  I have a photo in my computer and I did everything required, but when it came to posting photo by choosing "additional options" it wouldn't attach.  what am I doing wrong?????

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 09:19:27 AM »
Send doug a email he will help you ;)