Author Topic: My Path to SKINNY  (Read 7443 times)

SammyFlames

• View Profile
My Path to SKINNY
« on: April 11, 2013, 08:12:20 PM »
Hello everyone!
I am a bit scared to start but I can do it!
I am 23 years old, and I weight 353 lbs at this moment. :( I have tried everything that you can imagine, or things that I am sure most of you have tried before! 6 years ago I was attending with this fantastic doctor that helped me be around 160 lbs and since I am very tall I always assumed I was big, but when I was under her supervision I lose so much weight I was over the moon, but sadly she passed away and I moved away from my hometown to simply be a meal plan disaster. I have tried personal training, doctors, diets and even checked out to go on surgery but I am so afraid of it I tried to lose weight and I did but as soon as the topic was out of the table in my family I was comfortable and went back to my regular eating habits. In high school I was just simply the antisocial person. Now that I'm in college going for my second major I am more open and I joined a hobby called cosplay in which I dress up as certain characters and I attend conventions for fun. I started get invited to them but just because I have been hiding myself behind big costumes, lots of make up and more. I have seen people in the same community and a lot of them are pretty SKINNY and after I got a comment about one of my not so hidden costume I burst into tears and said I had enough of being FAT.
I started a blog to motivate myself and so far has been working but I wanted to stay motivated so I went to Barnes & Noble and found this wonderful book from which I have been learning and I bet I will do better but I am terrible with meal plans, I am going to work hard on this based on the book and hopefully with the support of all of you I will do it just great! I am scared to start because I don't want to fail, I want this to be the last try, and be successful like no other in my hobby community! Can you please help me guys? Thanks!

Sincerey,
Sammy Flames  :)

shawn116

Re: My Path to SKINNY
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum family Sammy Flames  :)  Don't be scared...you can do it  ;)  You have a whole family behind you now  ;D

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 01:05:27 PM »
Welcome Sammy Flames. Your family behind you here will give you lots of support, encouragement & ideas!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 04:36:45 PM »
Hi Sammy welcome to our family. Sammy I want you to take a deep breath and listen to me. The reason you have been unsuccessful in the past is simply due to lack of knowledge. If you finished reading your book then you are now armed with that missing link. You now know exactly what creates fat cells in your body and you now know exactly how to not only prevent new fat cell growth but to also force your body to use stored fat as fuel. Meal plans really aren't that important. What's important is to be absolutely certain that when you are eating no carbs pass your lips beyond a net 20 per day. It's really is that simple, making it difficult will just make it difficult  ::)

Sammy, protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens....protein, fats and greens.....protein, fats and greens.....

Learn your food Sammy, read labels, count your carbs, only eat when you are truly hungry, keep snack trays in the fridge at all times so you're not tempted to grab food that you shouldn't eat....finally, empty out all the foods and beverages in your house that contain carbs and give them to the food bank....you'll never eat them again. If you have members of your family who load up on carbs during their meals you need to speak to them...you need to have them read your book...you need to ask for their support....you need to explain to your family that your life is being cut short due to your weight and if they want you around for a long time they need to suck it up and get on board.

The truth is Sammy this way of eating is very healthy for all the members of your family.. 6 months from now you'll have dropped 70 or 80 pounds and your life will be transformed  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:57:09 AM »
Welcome Sammy! :) I am Umpa ,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask. The reason people have so much success with fat to skinny is we don't remove foods we replace them.That way there are no foods to add back that will make you gain weight .Cycle broken. Its a lifestyle change.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendlyCheck out sherripies story on the homepage for motivation.I think at this time she has lost over 220 pounds and her whole life has changed.She is also one of the kindest people you have ever met. Look forward to getting to know you ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 01:04:25 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Sammy!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I'm 61 years old and have battled my weight most of my life.
I tried most everything short of surgery.
It wasn't until I adopted the FTS lifestyle (about 2.5 yrs. ago) that all that changed!

When I started, I was type II diabetic, with high blood pressure,
my cholesterol was out of whack, and my triglycerides were WAY too high.
I was taking FIVE (5) different prescriptions fighting all that.
And now, thanks to FTS, I take ZERO (0)!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So don't be afraid, Sammy! :) :) :)
We will help you adopt the FTS lifestyle and support you to your goal, and beyond!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 06:16:43 PM »
Hello Sammy - welcome.  It's scary stuff for a lot of reasons, but I'm sure you can rise to the challenge.  Do this while you are young - lose your weight and gain your health for the many many years ahead of you that you will have.  If you wait and continue on the path you have been on, you will start to get major health issues as you age.  Most of us would have given our eye teeth for doug to have had his 'revelation' when we were younger and to have followed his advice when we were in our prime so to speak. Better late than never, earlier would have been better  :)

Sammy you got this, you can do it.  No one is telling you to do it overnight, it is a lifestyle, not a diet. Relax and enjoy the ride, it's the journey - not the destination.

Post often and share that journey.

MarkMoxom

• View Profile
    • LowCarb Mag
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »
Hi Sammy and welcome. Yes you can do this! How do I know that? Well you've already done it before admittedly with the help of a very nice doctor. You know you're not happy and that being overweight is causing you pain which is another great incentive and you're actually doing something about it. You're being positive which is always a brilliant step in the right direction and lastly, you've come to the right place to get some first class support, motivation and advice.

The one thing I would ask you to do is to find your big reason why. Why you want to be that slim, athletic, fit person. Once you've got hold of that and you hold on to it with everything that you're worth then your success is virtually guaranteed.

Hope that helps,

Mark
Editor of LowCarb Mag
http://lowcarbmag.com/

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 07:15:36 PM »
Hi Sammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SammyFlames

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 03:18:13 AM »
Thank you so much to everyone! I hada very deep talk with my trainer on Tuesday morning and after that I came here and to see all the support plus what she told me I know I can do this and nothing, not even my negative self will take me down! Thanks for the talk Doug, and talks for the suggestion Umpa! I am so excited to change my life and for ever. Thank you everyone for yoursupport! I CAN DO IT!!!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »
You're so very right, Sammy!... You CAN do it!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 04:33:54 PM »
So glad Sammy that you are going to change your life towards FTS healthier eating!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: My Path to SKINNY
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 10:15:36 AM »
yes you can8)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: My Path to SKINNY
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 01:23:16 AM »
Hello Sammy and welcome to your new family were we all have a beautiful journey to travel for better health. ;D