Author Topic: New Girl  (Read 2101 times)

designergal52

• View Profile
    • Email
New Girl
« on: April 14, 2013, 12:05:20 PM »
Hi all,

I purchased FTS about 5 weeks ago and just joined the forum, which I have found so helpful. In the past 5 weeks I have only weighed myself two times and to be honest, that first time was a little scary but hey, gotta own the number! So, I just weighed myself this morning and I lost 1 lb. in five weeks...disappointing but I do feel a lot better physically. I've noticed that I do not have that bloated, gassy, painful gut anymore, which is big. Also, I do not crave sugar and have noticed that much of my overeating is just habit, especially at night in front of the TV. I have picked up some great tips from the forum. I don't think I am drinking enough water and I think I am overeating on protein at dinner. The other night I ate two lamb chops even though I knew I was not hungry after just one. I'm hoping to see the scale reflect my efforts so I'm hanging in there!

Louise

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: New Girl
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Louise!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Carb counts AND portion control are BOTH important for successful weight loss!
That would explain your results for 5 weeks.

Eat ONLY when you're hungry and ONLY enough food to stop the hunger.
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1072.msg8767#msg8767

And drink lots of water! It really does help us with our health and progress.

Take your measurements too!
We often are shrinking while the scale is not moving. ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 03:28:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum Louise  :)

Don't worry you will get the hang of it before long, those old habits will go.....I'm wondering if maybe you have lost inches instead of the lbs?  Do be sure to measure yourself...I noticed that the inches were going when the lbs were not.    ;)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 05:59:06 PM »
Hi Louise - welcome to the family  :)  I know hopping on the scale you would have been a bit disappointed, believe me I have been.  You may just have been carrying water weight.  The scale becomes unimportant after awhile, the way you feel doesn't and the neither does the way your clothes start to hang off you.  During my hop on and hop off days I would see my reading go up and down over the days - there was a wobbly low reading and then another one which was a few pounds higher.  I realised it depended on how much water I was drinking and how salty my food was.  Also if you still have your cycle (how polite is that), that can affect your weight as well.

If you think you may be eating too much (or even too little) post your meal plans in the meal plan section and we can have a look and maybe give you pointers.  Are you writing your foods/carbs down?  I still do, it's just a running commentary on what I've eaten and how many carbs.

You don't need luck, cos I know you can do this.  Post often, we love to hear from new people.

designergal52

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:46:23 PM »
Thank you for the support. Well, cheese is salty as well as pork rinds so there probably is some water retention. I have decided to not eat anymore pork rinds.  Before FTS, I ate a lot of fruit and veggies, fish, chicken and (not much other protein) and sprouted breads and jelly beans and swedish fish and let's not forget chocolate. On this program, I am eating way more protein than I have ever eaten. It's weird how much better I feel. Loosing weight would be so great...I hope this works for me because I do feel better.

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 06:08:22 AM »
Hi Louise -- and welcome.

There is a learning curve yes, and I'd suggest keeping it simple and stick to the FTS book like glue. 

Best wishes to you on your FTS journey.  You can do it! 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 09:44:16 AM »
Hi Louise, welcome to the family!  You need the 15 minute rule...it will become your best friend :)

Click here- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=5286.0
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 09:35:49 AM »
Welcome Louise! i am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.You are gonna do great and we are going to help! ;)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 07:17:01 PM »
Hi Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 06:25:08 AM »
Hi Louise -- so how is your FTS week going?