Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 3305 times)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
Hi everyone
« on: April 26, 2013, 05:00:17 AM »
Hi there -- have been really busy with work, overhauling my bedroom, church music, going to the gym......while I've been busy the weight has dropped again....down to 261.5.  So I've been doing the happy dance.  I don't really have any news, just sticking close to the FTS plan.....oh in trying to organize my desk today I found my FTS red book!  YAYYYYYYY!!!

I've been on the net last night looking for the best low carb brownie recipe....want a recipe that tastes like REAL brownies....

So how is everyone else doing? 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 07:46:36 AM »
I love this recipe from the FAT TO SKINNY Bakery Book :)

Brownies
Ingredients

   ¼ pound butter (1 stick)
   1 teaspoon salt
   2 tablespoons  vanilla
   4 eggs (room temp best)
   ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
   24 drops FAT TO SKINNY ZERO sweetener
   4 oz unsweetened melted bakers chocolate
   2 cups flax seed meal
   1 tablespoon  baking powder
   1/3rd cup heavy cream
   2/3rd cup water
   1 cup rough chopped walnuts

Directions

1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.   Melt chocolate in double boiler over medium heat and leave over hot water till needed.
3.   Grease a 9X13 pan or use an individual brownie pan as shown.
4.   Cream the butter until fluffy.
5.   Add the ZERO to the butter and cream them together until fully combined (aim for a fluffy texture).
6.   Add the vanilla and beat the eggs into the mixture, one at a time.
7.   Add salt and cocoa, beat well.
8.   Add chocolate, beat until fluffy.
9.   Add the rest of the Ingredients and mix well to combine.
10.   Pour into a pan and bake for 20 minutes until top springs back.
11.   Cool then cut into 32 squares.

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 08:15:28 AM »
We missed you!! Congrats on the weight loss!!!!! What kind of brownie do you like?Chewy or cakey?The recipe doug just posted is cakey and makes great ice cream sandwiches! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 02:56:10 PM »
Hi, Elizabeth! :)

Nice to hear from you again! :) :) :)

I've been staying the course with FTS, and enjoying the health benefits!

But the other day, my wife and I took a drive out the beach and stopped for lunch at a fish house.
I ordered grilled halibut with lemon butter and a garden salad with oil and vinegar.

When the order arrived, there was a pile of crunchy french fries right next to the fish!
I made the mistake of eating a few of them... ERROR!!! :o :o :o
My gut gave me fits the rest of that day well into the following day! :P :P :P

It proved to me again how toxic hidden sugar really is... It made me sick!!!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 04:51:01 AM »
Hi.......Doug the recipe looks great.....I'm don't have the FTS sweetener (had a bottle last year but can't find it -- and don't know if I would want to use it now anyway --  ::)   I just placed an order for two bottles FAT Zero.  I do have a grocery store brand liquid sucralose here at the house and am wondering if I could use that instead until I get my two bottles FTS zero.....recipe does look really yum though....I looked at about one zillion recipes, and the ones I was thinking of trying are very similar.....

Umpa -- I love brownies....cake and fudgey gooey.  One recipe I read called for some coconut flour, and some reviewers said that made the brownies taste like mounds candy....I'll probably try that at some point. 

Tony -- OH MY GOSH about the french fries making you sick.....I had a piece of red velvet cake on the night before Easter, and afterwards went to a church service and became very very ill.  Had to leave the choir loft even for a while.  One thing I do that does seem to help me, is occasionally faced with something really good, I eat one bite.....JUST one....and a normal bite, about 1/2 inch size cube.  I don't do this all the time, but once in a while.  The fish sounds good though.  I really really REALLY need to go to the beach....one of these days.   It's good to hear your "staying the FTS course."  One thing I've learned doing this is it's about the day by day consistency of sticking with it and "staying the FTS course" that lets my body drop fat.  Before, I wasn't consistent, so I was up and down up and down, losing the same  5-10 pounds over and over, but in between gaining 10 here and 10 there.  I now think of "time loss" instead of "weight loss"....for instance, I know loosing this fat will take an amount of time, and the only way that will happen is my being consistent day by day.  Before I used to think of "weight loss" and I couldn't be patient to spend the time waiting for the fat loss to occur.  Now I don't even like thinking of "weight loss" instead of "FAT loss".  So how much have you lost now? 

Are you exercising Tony?  What do you like to do?  I do a seated elliptical, lift some weights, ride a exercise bike.  Yesterday I did a water aerobicc "bootcamp" class....It kicked my butt.  I literally practically crawled into the house.....I would not have been able to do an aerobics class though without it being in water.  I have plantar fasciitis and working out in the water didn't aggravate it at all. 

I noticed though, that being in water, with loose skin (just a little so far), but it's there....that my fat/loose skin seemed to take on a life of its own!!!   :o :o

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 10:07:52 AM »
Zero ships within 24 hours of ordering ;) I use shea body butter for my skin to keep it tight and moisture.poopzmom taught me about it :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 01:04:18 PM »

Time is a very precious thing.
Once it's gone, it's gone forever!... There's no way to buy it back!
So do your best to enjoy each day you're alive, because you'll only live it ONCE! ;)

You have you mind in the right place, Elizabeth! :) :) :)
Thinking of weight loss as "fat loss" focuses on what we're really trying to accomplish here.
Not all weight loss is the same. Most low calorie diets and regimens cause muscle loss.
Losing muscle mass is NOT good nor is it healthy!

My exercise consists of 5 mile walks every morning and lots of physical work around our property.

Tony

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 03:44:09 AM »
Umpa what kind of Shea butter do you use? 

Tony FIVE miles???  That's impressive! 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 08:15:15 AM »
Tree Hut Shea Body Butter :) Its wicked cheap at amazon.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 12:17:10 PM »
... Tony FIVE miles???  That's impressive! 

I did NOT start out walking 5 miles!
When I first started, I walked 1/2 mile a day.
Then every week or so, I would add another 1/2 mile.

No matter what exercise you adopt, start slow and work your way up.
Overdoing it too quickly in the beginning is the primary cause people stop exercising.

Tony

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 05:43:34 AM »
Hi Umpa -- thanks for the info -- i'll check that out on amazon...

Tony -- well yes I agree you couldn't start out walking 5 miles.....I have been back at the gym now for 6 weeks, and I'm working out pretty hard now. I did an all over slow increase in weights for two weeks before I added any significant weight.   I did bodybuilding back in the late 90's, and I still remember everything my trainer taught me.  I enjoy walking, and used to walk an 8 mile trail with a girlfriend back then too......when it was hot in summer we would meet there at the start of the trail right before dawn....and it was so hot we had to wear backpacks with frozen water bottles......now that I have this plantar fasciitis, walking is out for me for a while....I walk in the pool though before water aqua bootcamp though.  I think when I started back at the gym I really turned the corner on consistency with my eating and with consistently losing fat. 

You said you went to the beach recently.....I used to love to walk on the beach....I'm pretty land locked now though.  Probably couldn't do it as much now either with the foot.  I was running to court two years ago with legal papers to file with the court to keep someone in jail.....and the D.A. had waited to the last last minute to get the paperwork ready, and if I didn't make it then to court on time the guy could get out of jail.....so I was walking too hard, too fast, and pulled the ligament partially away from my heel.  It will need some surgery eventually, but I just can't and won't do that until I weigh a lot less.  I'm doing better with it since I don't eat flour and sugar or processed foods I noticed there is less inflammation EVERYwhere! 

Do y ou notice less inflammation since you have stopped eating the flour, sugar, processed foods? 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 12:31:08 PM »

Processed foods are generally are higher in net carbs than natural foods due to additives for "flavor".

Digestible (net) carbs cause inflammation as do omega-6 fatty acids.
That's why it's VERY important to read food labels VERY carefully!

Check out this post for more info on inflammation:
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=5270.msg55268#msg55268

Tony

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 06:36:17 AM »
Tony -- I agree about the additives, they are so unhealthy for us.  The information on omega 6's vs 3's and balance AND coconut oil is very interesting.  I'm thinking of using coconut oil to moisturize my face also....

well nite all...i'm beat

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 09:37:45 AM »
sweet dreams ;)