Lean On My Shoulder > Bear Den

lost well 3 weeks, now gaining

(1/5) > >>

teacher2:
 :(Hi, I started the plan about 5 weeks ago, I lost 6.75 pounds the first week, 9.25 the second and then 10.25 the third week.  I gained 3, the fourth week and 1.5 pounds the 5th week.  I have changed nothing that I was doing.  I am somewhat constipated as it is difficult to go and I am not going regularly.  I have started taking a colon cleanser but still tough.  Am a little down about the last 2 weeks but still committed and still sticking to it.
Challenged in Keystone Heights, Florida

teacher2:
I am challenged, any suggestions :(

mouseissue:
Welcome to the FTS family, teacher2!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Since FTS relies heavily on large amounts of protein (like cheeses), constipation can be a problem.
I take Metamucil capsules twice a day everyday to help with regularity.
Since doing this, I never have issues with it. ;)

About your progress issues...

First, if you are eating sweets often, eliminate them for a couple of weeks to see what happens.
Sugar alcohols in most sweeteners are notorious for slowing progress.

Portion control is as important as carb counts.
Our bodies' needs change as we lose weight.
Besides metabolic changes, we have smaller bodies and, therefore, need less food than before.

If you haven't done this, try Doug's 15-minute rule to find your body's new food need.
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=f309bba0aa5effe631e02e0e8f608683&topic=5286.msg55552#msg55552
You should repeat this at least 2-3 times during your journey to your goal. And again, at goal.

If you are female, monthly cycles can also cause normal temporary gains.
By watching your progress over a couple of months, you can adjust your expectations appropriately.

Please keep us posted as to how you're doing.
If these suggestions don't solve your issues, let us know.
We really do want to help you reach your goal! :) :) :)

Tony

jay12:
Very well said tony,  my regularity is every other day and I was reading that bowel movements every day is kind of a myth anyways because for us who eat fats, proteins,  low carbs,  the body or intestinal tract uses more of the food until all nutrients are finished before it goes to disposal (bowel movements).  This is due because proteins and fats take longer for the body to break down and henceforth the body makes very food use of all nutrients compare to carbs that are broken down and digested easily but without all nutrients being absorb therefore the quick elimination of the the food with most of the time almost undigested food with it. Have you notice when you used to eat beans or corns,  fibers,  that when having peristalsis that your elimination would show husk and undigested food? So that is why what people consider daily elimination is to me not normal because our types of food need more time and offer more nutrients to our bodies therefore the delay in bowel movements in two or three days apart. My research about it and my opinion lol but I would say not to worry.

morgan:
Well isn't this a nice topic  ;D  Not a myth jay12. I'm a once a day girl, eating fts has not changed this in any way.  It is really rare for me to miss a day.  Don't take metamucil or any other fibre supplements.  Maybe it's the flaxseeds?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version