Author Topic: Virtual Gastric Banding  (Read 4552 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Virtual Gastric Banding
« on: May 16, 2013, 12:33:26 AM »
Well they advertise some  strange things in the land of oz, the latest being 'virtual gastric banding'.
From the gist of it, it seems that they hypnotise you into believing that you have had the equivalent of gastric banding and you can only eat a certain amount of food.  I wonder if the symptoms would be the same - for example - if you eat too much you will throw up or flush it through your system?  or a different addiction will take it's place?

On the plus side, the danger of surgery is removed, which has got to be good.

I truly believe everyone who is overweight wants a quick fix (don't we all), but a lot of them don't want to put in any effort whatsoever.  They want easy.  You mention 'skip the white bread, potatoes and sugar' and people look at you as if (well as one forum member mentioned) you were suggesting they kill puppies.

They don't mention a cost, but I wonder what it would be; sure it won't be minimal.  Everything at a price  :(

shawn116

Re: Virtual Gastric Banding
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 08:15:46 AM »
Wow  People will dream up anything to make money won't they...Haha

I just recently saw a report about a woman that wanted arms like our first lady (Michelle Obama) She has great muscular arms that look fantastic in a sleeveless top.   This girl opted for surgery.....What????  Whatever happened to just a little exercise?   ???  I'm with you Morgan....some folks just don't want to put in the work.   :-\

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »
Sad ,but true :(

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 08:03:58 PM »
Sadly, being lazy has almost become a virtue (especially with younger folks).
This sort of malarkey is really scooped up.

A fool and his/her money are soon parted!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 08:52:49 AM »
Thats true Tony ;)

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 12:46:54 PM »
I agree, this is taking it a bit far.  That being said, what is your opinion of hypnosis for weight loss.  It is certainly not a replacement for a proper nutrition plan such as FTS, but could it help to curb the cravings and to keep someone in the right mind set so to speak?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 08:53:45 AM »
 I don't know the answer to that :) I have never researched it. Maybe TooSweet does ;)

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 11:33:10 PM »
I actually tried the hypnosis many years ago to try to quit smoking.  It was a fun experience.....He would hold ammonia under your nose and make you take a big whiff convincing you it wasn't ammonia.   I did put them down for about two weeks without any trouble after that, but then I had a stressful situation happen and I was right back puffing away....Haha   I guess I can say it was helpful but I didn't follow through with the tape (back then we had cassettes  ;D ;D ) you were supposed to listen to.   If I remember right you could choose between the stop smoking or losing weight.....I haven't a clue how it helps with the weight loss.  I'm betting it couldn't hurt though.   I have a friend that found it helpful to do acupuncture.....don't ask me how that works but she swore by it.  I think what ever helps to put you in the best frame of mind....go for it  :)   

By the way thank goodness I was finally able to quit smoking......It's just unfortunate that it took me so darn long to do it   :P :P   

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 09:08:52 AM »
Well I am proud of you.  ;D I  quit over 10 years ago and it was wicked hard.I used the patch. I am lucky my family loves me i was really a jerk! :D

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 11:46:23 AM »
I  quit over 10 years ago and it was wicked hard.I used the patch. I am lucky my family loves me i was really a jerk!

Haha  I know what you mean,  I don't thin I was too bad though  ;D ;D  It's been about 10 years now for me too  (Wow where did the time go??)  I used a product called Smoke away....I couldn't believe how easy is was.  I started using that and the next day put the pack down and never looked back.  Best thing I have ever done for myself other than FTS   ;D 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 12:39:04 PM »
About 25 years ago, I tried hypnosis to quit smoking.
And after several months and (hundreds of dollars) later, I was smoking again!

On May 9, 2013, I celebrated 3 years of being nicotine and smoke free! ;D ;D ;D
I did this right BEFORE I started FTS knowing that too many large life changes at one time can derail everything.

I'm sooooo happy I've been successful at both!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Otherwise by now, I might not be here breathing smoke OR clean air! :(

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 08:57:40 AM »
Hi Morgan, that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while, virtual gastric banding, WOW!  :o

full screen hd legal high self hypnosis warning causes blurred vision eyes hypnotic sound
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Virtual Gastric Banding
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 04:57:45 AM »
I'm convinced this hypnotic therapy as you guys mentioned doesn't solve how to eat properly even if it was to work. I can't imagine toosweet, umpa and you Tony being hard smokers lol wow :o I'm glad you guys quit!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 09:15:39 AM »
Me too, now I can run ;)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Virtual Gastric Banding
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 02:04:59 AM »
Yea! Clean lungs and vibrant health.