Author Topic: I am losing weight!  (Read 6351 times)

skychant

• View Profile
I am losing weight!
« on: May 22, 2013, 05:58:58 PM »
     I started Sunday and have eaten out three days and am thrilled to say that I have lost 4 pounds so far this week.  It is nice to know that I am not limited to just preparing meals at home.  I ordered one of my favorite meals...chicken fajitas, without the tortillas and rice and thought it was just as good.  I have also been wraping the contents of double cheeseburgers in la tortillas.  I can already notice that my daily cravings for sugar and carb laden foods have left me.  I like being in control of my health for a change and look forward to getting down to a healthier size.  Sad to say that I have over 100 pounds to lose...but with FTS I know that I can do it...especially if I don't give up on myself.  Greatfull for this site and such a wonderful book.   :)

shawn116

Re: I am losing weight!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 06:59:31 PM »
That is wonderful!!!  Keep up the good work  ;D ;D ;D

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »
Thank you!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »
 :) :) :) FANTASTIC  :) :) :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 08:09:46 AM »
Hi Skychant, welcome back...where have you been? Good to see you're back on track!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 08:54:06 AM »
Skychant ! Welcome back!! ;D

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 01:57:17 PM »
Keep up the good work!! :)

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
Thank you all for the kind words.  I have definately missed my favorite website.  It is great to be back and losing instead of gaining weight and constantly struggling just to maintain.  I have some size 20 jeans that I really want to get into.  I know that I can achieve my goals if I stick with this lifestyle.  I have been bad since earlier this year when I was active on the site.  A cookie fiend just for starters.  I have turned over a new leaf.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 09:15:47 AM »
You know how the cookie crumbles! :D I crack me up!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »
Welcome home, skychant!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)
We've missed you around here!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 05:14:09 PM »
Thank you Tony...you have lost a very impressive amount of weight.  Umpa...I was eating cookies to fast for them to crumble.  You know detox has helped me to nix all my sweet and carb cravings.  It is just amazing and I have lost 7 pounds my first week.  I made my favorite meal of creamed cauli and tilapia to celebrate.  I have family members that think I should have gastric bypass...but I am determined to show them that I can lose weight by watching what I eat.  They think that I will "just get tired of eating the same old foods all the time".  If they only knew about the variety of recipes and options that I have.  I will show them.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 08:13:49 AM »
Hi Skychant, grab a big butcher knife and ask your family members if they want their guts chopped out! Did you know that doctors who do this procedure require their patients to eat lose and then maintain their weight  :o You just keep doing what your doing...

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »
Well put, Doug! :) :) :)

Tony

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »
My niece had a gastric bypass almost two years ago and is my size, although she did lose 60 pounds and has kept it off.  Her eating habits have not changed...she does eat smaller portions though.  I don't think that she could survive without sugar and carbs.  It is a disease.  I am glad that I am doing something sensible to improve my body image.  No lap band or gastric bypass for me.  I am fortunate that my cholesterol and blood pressure is fine and I have no signs of diabetes.  I know that this lifestyle works if you are comitted to it.  I wish I had stuck with it earlier...I would already be at my goal weight.  If anything I hope that people learn from my mistakes and fully devote themselves to FTS.  Reverting back to a sugar and carb addiction when you have the solution at your fingertips is very foolish. 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 11:49:11 AM »
Carb addiction, like other addictions, usually requires special support to manage.
This is why I stress to everyone the importance of using this forum for support.

Many folks start out great, then stumble a time or two, and do not get back on board.
The reason is that they are not taking full advantage of the support system we have here at this forum.

Remember... No one in our FTS family is fighting this addiction alone!!!
We have each other!... And together, we can WIN!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Tony