Author Topic: I'm Back :)  (Read 14536 times)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
Re: I'm Back :)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 02:49:56 AM »
Hi Taby Taby and welcome back to FTS forum.  And congratulations on the birth of your daughter -- I love babies, they bring such joy -- and work -- lol. 

You're doing well already down to 249, good for you.  You can do it -- and because you lost it before you know you can lose it again.....

Also, that was very very very nice to be a doner.  God Bless You and good luck in your FTS weight loww journey.   

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 04:14:28 AM »
Thank you I appreciate it! It's fun trying new products this time around now that I can eat dairy and egg products...today I tried a Gladiator smoothie from Smoothie...it was HORRIBLE  >:( worst waste of money ever...ick. Oh well...more great low carb stuff to try. I read an article today about how people are getting a plastic patch sewed to their tongue so that it's so painful to eat they have to do a liquid diet...that's so crazy! All they have to do is low carb...I don't understand why people don't just try it...it's scientific!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 03:11:35 PM »
OHG MY GOSH -- a plastic patch on their tongue that makes it painful to eat????   :o :o :o :o

You're right -- that's just crazy and NUTS! 

But...I know so many people who think I'm just as crazy and NUTS for giving up flour and fruits (except berries).  I've learned when asked to tell people I'm eating healthy and my doctor approves of the way I eat.  It's easier that way.  Flour and sugar are so ingrained in the American psyche as essential food products that most people react with shock and awe .....sometimes down right horror even at the thought of giving them up. 

But I'm so glad we did Tabytaby......It's our "weigh out" -- our "weigh" to freedom from addiction. 

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 04:56:22 PM »
I know what you mean! My mom is freaking out...last time I did the diet I did it wrong I have to say, I was only getting around 300 calories a day and at times I would black out and pass out, I didn't mean to, it's just when I was vegan it was hard to get any calories, I practically starved, this time is different though, I have so many options it's really great and exciting to me! I just hope I continue to hang in there.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 11:52:22 PM »
Oh gosh...I failed and cheated bad...and am paying the price for it. The food I ate and the carbs and starches are killing my stomach and intestines...I should have known. I'm kind of beating myself up inside because I feel like I'm going to wake up at weigh 800 pounds. I've failed myself 3 times this week. Friday marks 7 days...so tomorrow, I get a whole new week. I know why I fell though, we went out to eat where I had no options AND I had no food at the house, so all I've eaten all day before we went out to eat was 1 oz of cheese and I was starving! Bad move :\ thank goodness we get paid tomorrow so I can actually buy some food and not get myself in this situation again.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »
Hi, TabyTaby! :)

You respond to sugars and starches like I do... They make me SICK!!! :P :P :P :P :P
And when I did imbibe, it would take from 3 to 10 days to see my progress restart (mini sugar detox events).
It's our bodies reacting to the poison, "sugar".

ALWAYS have something you can safely eat available when you get hungry!

When we starve ourselves, two things happen, (1) when we eat, we'll eat too much,
and (2) our weight loss progress will stall due to our bodies sensing a "famine".

Tony

What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 11:27:41 AM »
You are so right! It takes my body about two days to get back on track...UGH and my little cheating session, or rather poisoning session I had last night cost me 3 pounds this morning! Was it worth it? NO  :-[ all I can do is restart today. I don't know why this second time around has been so much harder for me than the first...but I hate it. I refuse to buy new clothes too...I'm going to stick to the few things I have that do fit until I can get my lard butt back into my "skinny" clothes...I refuse to fuel this body further and treat it to clothing! I feel like I'm having to beat myself into submission! SMH here's to a better week!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
You got this, TabyTaby! :) :) :)

Tony
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:49:43 PM by mouseissue »

shawn116

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »
You can do it!!!  Hang in there girl   ;D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 12:04:17 PM »
Thanks! Sure trying!!!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: I'm Back :)
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 06:48:36 AM »
Taby Taby, welcome again to our group and congratulations having a baby girl. I also used to be a vegan so I know what you went through.  We're here for you. Just stick to the fts lifestyle and change will continue to happen for you! 8)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2013, 03:23:01 PM »
Hi Taby, welcome back! Congrats on the cherub  ;D I see you're craving pasta... Check out this post and watch the video. Now that you eat eggs you should be able to find another ingredient to replace the chicken in the pasta....

Oops..here you go- http://www.fattoskinny.com/Rocco_Dispirito%27s_%20pasta_al_pomodoro.htm
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 04:59:47 PM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
Hi Taby, welcome back! Congrats on the cherub  ;D I see you're craving pasta... Check out this post and watch the video. Now that you eat eggs you should be able to find another ingredient to replace the chicken in the pasta....

Hi, Doug! :)

It seems the link you referenced is not in your post. :-\

Tony

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2013, 07:50:15 PM »
Thanks Doug! Do you think it works the same if the chicken were replaced with a soy product? I wish I could eat eggs outright...but they gross me out, I can eat them if they are cooked into something or baked or like this pasta! That's pretty neat. I'm not doing very well right now when it comes to the diet, I'm failing miserably. I am going to have to take an oath and make a change, I don't know why it's been so much harder this time around...but it is, I think maybe because as a vegan many of the things I wasn't eating before weren't even tempting to me, but now I eat them and they are...I was pretty much detoxed from most sweets when I started the diet, this time not so much. I had one big question...do we count erythritol the same as carbs? I can't remember the stance on this! Thank you in advance. Keep me in your prayers or thoughts, I cried for about an hour today because I felt embarrassed to go to a lunch picnic with my husband hosted by his job because I'm embarrassed by my size. We went to a lake and I didn't even bring anything to swim in...I thought, what's the point? No one should see any part of this body...there were all the model wives and then there's me, 7 weeks postpartum and huge :(

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 03:50:00 AM »
Been there, done that and been told I was an embarassment to boot.  Life sucks big time at times and if we keep doing what we do, how can we expect things to change?  We can't.  So to change ourselves we have to do things differently.

You are on the right track with fts, some days will be harder than others, other days you will breeze through.  If you want to be around to see your little girl grow up and be a role model for her, draw a line in the sand so to speak and step up to the challenge, I know you CAN!!!!!!!!!!!! do it.

You will be one of the great success stories and live happily ever after, because you will have done it for yourself first off and second for all those who you love and love you and want you around for a long time.

Post often, cry, laugh and vent as often as you want or need to - someone will always be here to listen, advise or comfort.